The Student Room Group

Rugby World Cup 2023 official discussion thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Saracen's Fez
England haven't become world-beaters but they did the job last night I feel like the criticism of them is a bit overdone this morning. Ultimately that gameplan did work!

Tbf if we fix the handling issues in the 1st half it wasn’t too messy
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 41
Original post by user123456324
Tbf if we fix the handling issues in the 1st half it wasn’t too messy

In the second half they used their head and that worked fine so everythings going to be good ...
After Uruguay got themselves 17-7 up at half-time, and given what they did against France, it was a big shame the way that they faded out of that game :frown:
@Saracen's Fez Can you or another one tell me when South Africa is eliminated or the winner? as long as I got no news about my team, I still set my hopes in to get many reputation points.
Original post by Kallisto
@Saracen's Fez Can you or another one tell me when South Africa is eliminated or the winner? as long as I got no news about my team, I still set my hopes in to get many reputation points.

Yep, I'll definitely announce winners as and when we get them :yep:

They play their most important game of the group stage against Ireland on Saturday evening!
96-0 and then France gave up playing when the century was in sight :rolleyes: :lol:

Namibia looking good for most points conceded in the pool stage :rofl:
Very interesting 18-18 draw earlier between Georgia (the best team in Europe outside the Six Nations) and Portugal (seemingly their closest rivals for that label).

England now in command against Chile and obviously just throwing it around and seeing what comes from it!
Reply 47
5 points ahead, 3 minutes to go ... feck
Reply 48
Amazing win for Ireland.
In case anyone else has an earworm tonight...

Not sure what that final held-up decision was about (ref looked, saw the ball was coming out and blew the whistle for unplayable :dontknow:) but not having a goal-kicker really hurt South Africa tonight. Looks like my preferred final of France v SA is going to be the QF now as well...
(edited 7 months ago)
Eddie Jones's career should probably be ended tonight.

Wales fans are getting very excited now but it's hard to know how much that win says about Wales (other than they made easier work of Australia than they did Portugal!)
Eddie Jones's career should probably be ended tonight.

Wales fans are getting very excited now but it's hard to know how much that win says about Wales (other than they made easier work of Australia than they did Portugal!)

Eddie jones needs to retire he’s made a mess of two world class teams in the last few years
To think people were hoping for an upset in this one :eek:

Overall it's a bit of a meh round though: England, Wales, Ireland and France all not playing, and Scotland only playing Romania. I understand why we have bye-weekends but they need to spread them out better next time!
So close to a 100-point game again :colondollar:
So close to a 100-point game again :colondollar:

That is to say that a team was so close to score 100 points in a match? sounds like a lot.
Original post by Kallisto
That is to say that a team was so close to score 100 points in a match? sounds like a lot.

Yes it's happened twice now that a team has scored 96 points!

Most people thought/think it's not possible for a team to score 100 points in a world cup game these days.
Reply 58
Portugal 7, Eddie Jones' Wallabies 3
hehehehe
Original post by mqb2766
Portugal 7, Eddie Jones' Wallabies 3
hehehehe

Richie Arnold and it's 10-7 Australia

Can't see Portugal winning this but they might well give Australia a decent game!

Quick Reply

Latest