The Student Room Group

Maintenance loan too low?

So, I'm a mature (32) disabled student who lives with my disabled father at home. I'm going to be studying nursing as a second degree, full time.

I was applying on SFE website and it's saying that I can only get £3.6k maintenance loan which by far won't cover expenses. Is this accurate or is it possible to get it adjusted when they see my age? Thank you very much.

Even if I live with my dad he only gets 8k per year income, I only get 8k and was told my income was what counted. Neither of us can pay tax, I'm getting treatment so I can actually attend university in January.
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by GuybrushieBrush
So, I'm a mature (32) disabled student who lives with my disabled father at home. I'm going to be studying nursing as a second degree, full time.

I was applying on SFE website and it's saying that I can only get £3.6k maintenance loan which by far won't cover expenses. Is this accurate or is it possible to get it adjusted when they see my age? Thank you very much.

Even if I live with my dad he only gets 8k per year income, I only get 8k and was told my income was what counted. Neither of us can pay tax, I'm getting treatment so I can actually attend university in January.

Have you submitted your household income information? If you’re 32 that should just be confirming that you’re single and declaring any unearned income you expect to receive while studying.

it can take 6-8 weeks after applying for your independent status and household income to be assessed (even if your household income is basically zero).
Hi there, In order to check that you have applied for the higher amount of funding we do require access to your application. Please contact us direct either via Live Chat on your online account Monday to Friday 9am to 5:30pm or by calling us on 0300 100 0607 Monday to Friday 8am to 8pm Saturday and Sunday 9am to 4pm. Thanks, Angela

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending