Original post by neeeve
Hiii i got an offer from Courtauld!! Has anyone else heard back?? :smile:

yes!!!
Reply 63
Original post by neeeve
me too :smile:)
Reply 64
got a Courtauld offer at midnight too!!!
Reply 65
Yayyy, well done guys!! :smile:)
Reply 66
what were peoples offers in terms of grades for Courtauld?
Reply 67
Original post by neeeve
Heyyy I got one too! <3
Original post by neeeve
yes i got one too !
Reply 69
Original post by zode83
Mine is AAB
Reply 70
Original post by zode83
Mine was AAB :smile:
Reply 71
Original post by neeeve
Mine was AAB :smile:

same!
Reply 72
anyone know when the ucl offer holder day is for hoa?
Reply 73
Hi, can anyone explain how Courtauld accommodation works for Undergrads / first year students? I'm really confused with what places we can apply to live in & that they are owned by different people. Thank you!!
Original post by p_lily
Hi, can anyone explain how Courtauld accommodation works for Undergrads / first year students? I'm really confused with what places we can apply to live in & that they are owned by different people. Thank you!!
Courtauld BA1s are only going to be offered accommodation in KCL residences in 2024/25. This is new - last year BA1s were accommodated in a wide range of UoL intercollegiate halls as well as in one KCL residence, Atlas.
Reply 75
Original post by AngelikaK
Courtauld BA1s are only going to be offered accommodation in KCL residences in 2024/25. This is new - last year BA1s were accommodated in a wide range of UoL intercollegiate halls as well as in one KCL residence, Atlas.

Ahh ok! thanks for replying :smile:
Reply 76
Hey all,

I don't know if anyone else is in a similar position to me, but i'm having troubles deciding on where I want to go.

I have an offer from both Cambridge and the Courtauld. In my eyes, they are both as good as each other, and each have their own positives and negatives. I have firmed Cambridge and put Courtauld as my insurance, just from a position of grades (if I don't get the CB grades, I'll take the CT offer), my school wanted me to do this too. But I don't know if this was a mistake. As it is now 1-2 months until exams, and I don't think I will get the grades for CB. I am also wondering if I will genuinely like London more??? Everyone around me is so proud I got an offer from CB, so part of me doesn't want to be rude or ungrateful for rejecting that. I just have this feeling in me that I might be happier at CT, even though rationally I should still aim for Cambridge. I think I'm preparing myself mentally for the worst, and not believing in myself that I could get the CB grades.

So here are my concerns, if the Courtauld is my insurance, will I still be able to apply for accommodation now?? Also any advice from anyone would be nice, and I'm a bit lost and overwhelmed by it all currently!
The issue with Cambridge for History of Art is that you are a long way from the wealth of museums, galleries and the commercial art market of London. The range of research interests among Cambridge academics is more limited than the range among Courtauld academics. So you need to think long and hard about where your interests lie and where you will be better served as an Art Historian and on whatever professional path you intend to follow. A friend of mine read HoA at Cambridge and really didn't enjoy it - she found it claustrophobic (the department is tiny) and very far removed from her real interest, which was in developing as an artist.
From an accommodation perspective you won't be able to apply for Courtauld accommodation now I don't think. Courtauld BA1 accommodation is mostly in King's College London residences which are expensive and not terribly nice. Perhaps if you left it until summer you would get into University of London intercollegiate accommodation in Bloomsbury, which is infinitely preferable.
Original post by AngelikaK
From an accommodation perspective you won't be able to apply for Courtauld accommodation now I don't think. Courtauld BA1 accommodation is mostly in King's College London residences which are expensive and not terribly nice. Perhaps if you left it until summer you would get into University of London intercollegiate accommodation in Bloomsbury, which is infinitely preferable.

Wait, are you saying the kings residences for ba1 students are already booked up ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending