The Student Room Group

GCSE Mathematics Study Group 2023-2024

Scroll to see replies

is anyone on this thread taking igcse additional maths/gcse further maths? I'm seriously dead 💀 even though I love it it's so difficult! there are like barely any information online to study for them, too.
Original post by bicompton
is anyone on this thread taking igcse additional maths/gcse further maths? I'm seriously dead 💀 even though I love it it's so difficult! there are like barely any information online to study for them, too.

i am doing normal higher tier IGCSE maths
Original post by dmedz
Any good maths websites?? For grade 9

Maths Genie, I’ve already done my maths GCSE, but tackle exam papers as often as possible and try to do the hardest questions on each topic to strengthen your knowledge
Reply 23
has everyone here already done their maths paper 2? if so, could you give me some rough idea on what comes up, i dont want exacts, just some topics that i need to revise more closely...
Reply 24
Original post by dmedz

I know this is late but to anyone go to my maths cloud and pick practice papers and aiming for 9 papers. These give you the hardest questions that ever appear on your GCSE and the hardest question per topic. You can do a few of these papers and see the topics you do not know more in depth
Reply 25
Original post by dmedz

Khan acadamy is good
Original post by ema1l
I know this is late but to anyone go to my maths cloud and pick practice papers and aiming for 9 papers. These give you the hardest questions that ever appear on your GCSE and the hardest question per topic. You can do a few of these papers and see the topics you do not know more in depth

Very useful, thank you!!!
Original post by 12ftg
anyone doing gcse further maths here?

ugh I wish apparently my school stopped offering it a couple of years back.

i am doing igcse higher tier maths this year. You can look at maths genie igcse section for help.
I know that @ateamacadrevision on Instagram have started doing mini summed up topics for the key things you need to know. They're really good
Reply 30
Original post by ayshayusuf
ugh I wish apparently my school stopped offering it a couple of years back.

you can still sit it
Reply 31
Original post by Pwca

:hello: Welcome to the GCSE Mathematics Study Group! :hello:

This is where you can chat with other students studying the same subjects as you and support each other as you head towards your exams :grouphugs:

You can post any useful tips and resources that you come across, offer support to others, share your successes, or just have moan when it gets tough! :yes:

Just remember, it’s against the site rules to ask for or offer any copyrighted papers, or to take conversations off-site to do these things. Posts that break these rules will be removed.

A few possible ice breaker questions are:
What exam board are you with?
What do you enjoy most about this subject/ course?
What area do you struggle with in this subject/ course?

Specifications

Good luck with the next few months. Remember, ask for help, support where you can and together we can do this! :yeah:

hii i do edexcel maths 🤍
maths is one of my favourite subjects since im more of a stem person than an essay-based person (such as english) 😭🙏
to revise for maths, i watch videos on topics that i don't understand on corbettmaths or mathsgenie, and then i do lots of questions from the maths textbook i have (GCSE Maths Edexcel Higher Student Book (Collins GCSE Maths))
after im confident with my revision, i do a bunch of practice questions, mostly from pmt since there are lots of questions for each topic on there

hope this helps
Original post by 12ftg
you can still sit it

Really? thx ill look into it
Reply 33
Original post by dmedz

Mathsgenie
Reply 34
Original post by dmedz

maths genie is the best, you dont have to sign up and everything is free on it; including past papers, questions by topic and videos
Reply 35
Original post by ayshayusuf
Really? thx ill look into it

as in like in another exam centre
Reply 36
Original post by Alm_xo
Hello , i am in higher set anyway but if I do corbett 5 a day every single day , can i improve further more?
Perhaps if i do well i can take further maths in Y10 which would be beneficial for college/university...

I think it's a better bet to use Dr Frost: the questions are much more like the style you'll get in FM, and they're much harder in general if you pick level 3-4 when filtering the questions
save my exams is really good too, but you need a subscription

Hi, for the GCSE Maths Higher 2024 exam, EDEXCEL is going to give us a formula sheet and on the website, the formula sheet is just one page and has just a little info... is that all we need for the exam, or is there will also be qs which formulas won't be on the formula sheet?
Original post by Pwca

:hello: Welcome to the GCSE Mathematics Study Group! :hello:

This is where you can chat with other students studying the same subjects as you and support each other as you head towards your exams :grouphugs:

You can post any useful tips and resources that you come across, offer support to others, share your successes, or just have moan when it gets tough! :yes:

Just remember, it’s against the site rules to ask for or offer any copyrighted papers, or to take conversations off-site to do these things. Posts that break these rules will be removed.

A few possible ice breaker questions are:
What exam board are you with?
What do you enjoy most about this subject/ course?
What area do you struggle with in this subject/ course?

Specifications

Good luck with the next few months. Remember, ask for help, support where you can and together we can do this! :yeah:

Im doing higher tier maths and i have mocks next week and im rllllly struggling any advise so i can improve???
Original post by enthjmk5e664
Hi, for the GCSE Maths Higher 2024 exam, EDEXCEL is going to give us a formula sheet and on the website, the formula sheet is just one page and has just a little info... is that all we need for the exam, or is there will also be qs which formulas won't be on the formula sheet?

you still need to memorise some formulas as they wont give us all the formulas

Quick Reply

Latest