The Student Room Group

GCSE Physics Study Group 2023-2024

:hello: Welcome to the GCSE Physics Study Group! :hello:

This is where you can chat with other students studying the same subjects as you and support each other as you head towards your exams :grouphugs:

You can post any useful tips and resources that you come across, offer support to others, share your successes, or just have moan when it gets tough! :yes:

Just remember, it’s against the site rules to ask for or offer any copyrighted papers, or to take conversations off-site to do these things. Posts that break these rules will be removed.

A few possible ice breaker questions are:
What exam board are you with?
What do you enjoy most about this subject/ course?
What area do you struggle with in this subject/ course?

Specifications

Good luck with the next few months. Remember, ask for help, support where you can and together we can do this! :yeah:
Reply 1
What exam board are you with? Edexcel
What do you enjoy most about this subject/ course? its kinda easy
What area do you struggle with in this subject/ course? forces or energy, I don't really struggle but it's kind of boring.
Reply 2
what exam board? edexcel
what do i enjoy? nothing i hate it
what do i struggle with most? astronomy /red shift and the ear
Reply 3
What exam board are you with?Edexcel
What do you enjoy most about this subject/ course?nothing
What area do you struggle with in this subject/ course? waves, moments and momentum and electricity
Reply 4
Original post by pheonixdin
What exam board are you with?Edexcel
What do you enjoy most about this subject/ course?nothing
What area do you struggle with in this subject/ course? waves, moments and momentum and electricity

all the same here
Reply 5
Original post by Pwca

This is where you can chat with other students studying the same subjects as you and support each other as you head towards your exams :grouphugs:

You can post any useful tips and resources that you come across, offer support to others, share your successes, or just have moan when it gets tough! :yes:

Just remember, it’s against the site rules to ask for or offer any copyrighted papers, or to take conversations off-site to do these things. Posts that break these rules will be removed.

Specifications

Good luck with the next few months. Remember, ask for help, support where you can and together we can do this! :yeah:

hii i do aqa physics 🤍
physics is second in my liking of the three sciences because to be honest, it's not actually that difficult to get a grasp of since most questions are calculation questions and i find the content to be quite understandable

things i do for revision:

watch cognito and freesciencelessons (both are literally lifesavers - freesciencelessons is better for practicals)

i use this website called twinkl for knowledge organisers and revision mats - knowledge organisers are basically the actual content and revision mats are sort of like mind maps but have simple questions that help you to consolidate your knowledge from the knowledge organisers, if that makes sense! (https://www.twinkl.co.uk/resource/aqa-separate-physics-knowledge-organiser-bundle-t-sc-2549685) however, you need to make an account to download the resources, and the free trial only lasts 30 days so i downloaded anything i needed and cancelled my subscription before i got charged

i do lots and lots of practice questions for each topic on pmt - lots of people do overall paper 1 and paper 2 practice papers, but i find doing practice questions for each individual topic to be a lot more helpful, especially for topics im a bit unsure on

sometimes i make a keyword glossary for key definitions

hope any of this was of help
Original post by Pwca

Specifications

Hi I have a GCSE EDexcel physics CP4 waves exam and need some help with revision.

I am doing PMT and savemyexams but how would I get grade 9 and need study tips pls help meeeeee
Hi so i am doing igcse and for me ihave no problem in equation questions but for me the problem i face is that i sometimes can't understand theory questions whatever i say is somewhat closer to the answer
Reply 8
Original post by milktee
hii i do aqa physics 🤍
physics is second in my liking of the three sciences because to be honest, it's not actually that difficult to get a grasp of since most questions are calculation questions and i find the content to be quite understandable

things i do for revision:

watch cognito and freesciencelessons (both are literally lifesavers - freesciencelessons is better for practicals)

i use this website called twinkl for knowledge organisers and revision mats - knowledge organisers are basically the actual content and revision mats are sort of like mind maps but have simple questions that help you to consolidate your knowledge from the knowledge organisers, if that makes sense! (https://www.twinkl.co.uk/resource/aqa-separate-physics-knowledge-organiser-bundle-t-sc-2549685) however, you need to make an account to download the resources, and the free trial only lasts 30 days so i downloaded anything i needed and cancelled my subscription before i got charged

i do lots and lots of practice questions for each topic on pmt - lots of people do overall paper 1 and paper 2 practice papers, but i find doing practice questions for each individual topic to be a lot more helpful, especially for topics im a bit unsure on

sometimes i make a keyword glossary for key definitions

hope any of this was of help
hi, are you in any study groups? if so, could I join? I would love to be surrounded by a studious environment lol
Reply 9
Original post by mastex7
hi, are you in any study groups? if so, could I join? I would love to be surrounded by a studious environment lol
hiii, by study groups, do you mean other specific study groups like these? i also have a gyg which is basically my own blog where i update my daily revision plans and whatnot if you meant that!
Reply 10
I meant like a group chat, if that's even possible on this website, but I will be tuned in ur gyg then!
Reply 11
Original post by mastex7
I meant like a group chat, if that's even possible on this website, but I will be tuned in ur gyg then!
ohhh, there's an official y11 chat and also study groups for different gcse subjects you can check out!! and this is my gyg if you want to check it out asw <3
sorry haha i didn't mean to advertise my gyg or anything, i just wasn't sure what you initially meant by study groups 😭😭
What exam board are you with? WJEC
What do you enjoy most about this subject/ course? Nuclear physics and further motion!
What area do you struggle with in this subject/ course? Rearranging equations

Quick Reply

Latest