The Student Room Group

Is English Language (A-Level) and BTEC Health & Social Care (Double BTEC) good?

I am starting A-Level English Language and BTEC Health and Social tomorrow at Sixth Form and I'm wondering what Uni courses I could progress to and if it's possible to go to Newcastle or Durham?

Let's say I get A* D* D* would Durham or Newcastle let me study something like English or Politics?
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Original post by LeonEwing
I am starting A-Level English Language and BTEC Health and Social tomorrow at Sixth Form and I'm wondering what Uni courses I could progress to and if it's possible to go to Newcastle or Durham?

Let's say I get A* D* D* would Durham or Newcastle let me study something like English or Politics?

Hi @LeonEwing

Many of our Undergraduate programmes accept BTEC qualifications, and you can check whether a specific course accepts BTEC qualifications by checking under the 'Entry requirements' section of individual course pages. This information will be available from the dropdown menu underneath the 'Other UK and the Republic of Ireland qualifications' heading. A full list of Undergraduate degree programmes offered by the University can be found on our Online Undergraduate Prospectus.

If you would like to check if we would consider your application with the combination of qualifications that you have, please send details of all the qualifications that you have achieved so far or are currently taking to us via our Enquiries Form, including:

The name of the qualification (e.g. A level, BTEC, GCSE)
The subjects/units covered
Any grades/marks obtained and the year awarded

Hope this helps :smile:

Elliott

Quick Reply

Latest