The Student Room Group

A-level Biology Study Group 2023-2024

Scroll to see replies

Hello,
I'm studying Edexcel. B biology - year 13.
I hope everyone else is doing well with Biology!
I'm attending a free webinar this weekend for aerobic respiration, I thought I'd share it with you as I know Krebs cycle can be a pain :smile:
Would anyone else like to attend, PM me and I can send you more info :smile:
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 41
Hi I am doing Biology chemistry and history a levels
I am aiming for minimum 3As in a levels
Does anyone have any tips to get As with revision and general school organisation tips please Thank you
Original post by 670351
Hi I am doing Biology chemistry and history a levels
I am aiming for minimum 3As in a levels
Does anyone have any tips to get As with revision and general school organisation tips please Thank you

Heyy, in year 12 I made summary sheets after each topic and made sure I understood everything. I did this because we usually had class tests after each topic. My tip for you is use the first two terms of year 12 to find what way to revise works for you, I swapped from mindmaps to flashcards. With Biology make sure you learn the markscheme and what they are asking, I am doing this by going through practice questions and any questions I get wrong and then making flashcards on the questions I got wrong and I review these flashcards every other week. For Chemistry practice questions is the way to go and I do AQA so learn the textbook inside and out. If you need any help with notes and things I do AQA for both Biology and Chemistry so just let me know and I am sure I can help out.
Original post by Pwca
:hello: Welcome to the A-level Biology Study Group! :hello:

This is where you can chat with other students studying the same subjects as you and support each other as you head towards your exams :grouphugs:

You can post any useful tips and resources that you come across, offer support to others, share your successes, or just have moan when it gets tough! :yes:

Just remember, it’s against the site rules to ask for or offer any copyrighted papers, or to take conversations off-site to do these things. Posts that break these rules will be removed.

A few possible ice breaker questions are:
What exam board are you with?
What do you enjoy most about this subject/ course?
What area do you struggle with in this subject/ course?

Good luck with the next few months. Remember, ask for help, support where you can and together we can do this! :yeah:

Hello I'm Amaya,
My exam board is Edexcel IAS (2024)
I enjoy the Molecules and health areas
I have hardships with the membranes, proteins, DNA and gene expression part.
Especially the part containing how DNA works.
Would really find some tutes/websites containing notes helpful.
Hello, I'm Salma, Im in Year 12 now, i do Biology A level Edexcel, i honestly love the DNA and Human Physiology Topics in general, dont really enjoy plants or ecosystems and biodiversity. i did finish units 1,2 and 3 in Jan 2024 and supposed to be doing Units 4,5 and 6 in June 2024, i just want to ask if there is a way i can get access to the january 2024 Unit 4,5 and 6 past papers as they r locked in the edexcel website and i dont have a username or password for the site, so if anyone can help that will be much appreciated
Reply 45
Hello, I'm Olanlesi, I am in Year 12, and I do Biology AQA A level. I like the Cell membranes and enzymes topics, but I don't enjoy doing evolution. I just mainly need help with AQA mark scheme techniques at the moment. Answer structure techniques would be helpful perhaps. Thanks!!
Reply 46
Hi guys, if anyone has any type of flashcards for biology A edexcel, related to the ms id appreciae it a lot!!! also is there a list of questions that repeat themselves, if so could you mention
Hello Biology students! :yeah: Just dropping in to let you know we have a new project launching next week to help you with your revision. TSR Study Together - STEM vs Humanities! It's going to be a fun and social way to stay on track and you can find out how it works here. Come along and help rep STEM! :biggrin:
hi guys, has anyone figured out a pattern for the as SNAB biology past papers? questions which are recurring, specific topics that always come up?
Original post by aira.a
hi guys, has anyone figured out a pattern for the as SNAB biology past papers? questions which are recurring, specific topics that always come up?
Enzymes are a big one - you need to apply a whole manner of different concepts to enzymes (structure and function, rate of reaction, etc.)
What about international AS biology, recurring topics/questions? Do you think this May June 2024 bio exams will be good for international AS? Will they be easy?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending