The Student Room Group

A-level Mathematics Study Group 2023-2024

Scroll to see replies

hey guys. do you think end of march is too late ton be finishing the content by? or am i fine. after i finish im gonna try and do every past paper on the internet before my exam lol
Original post by ReeceV123
hey guys. do you think end of march is too late ton be finishing the content by? or am i fine. after i finish im gonna try and do every past paper on the internet before my exam lol
My teachers are finishing content mid April - my first exam is second week of May 😭 If you're worried practice older content now to be perfect at it with small time slots to practice what you are currently learning and then just grind past papers
Original post by study23!
My teachers are finishing content mid April - my first exam is second week of May 😭 If you're worried practice older content now to be perfect at it with small time slots to practice what you are currently learning and then just grind past papers
Hey everyone, I'm trying to gather together all the best online maths revision resources in one place here - come along and comment to let others know what you recommend :smile:
Has anyone got any tips for mechanics exam questions? In class, I fully understand the content but when it comes to exam questions, they seem really complicated and the wording throws me off.
Original post by garlicBread1
Has anyone got any tips for mechanics exam questions? In class, I fully understand the content but when it comes to exam questions, they seem really complicated and the wording throws me off.

It really depends on which question wording/part youre not understanding. Usually the best thing to do is post a question youre not sure about and work it through. Once youve done 2 or 3 of that type, the wording/approach should be reasonably clear.
Hi, I'm doing Edexcel IAL.

I'm fine with Pure 1 and Mechanics but Pure 2 is genuinely the bane of my existence. If anyone knows of any resources or tips on it, I'd really appreciate it. I'm aiming for an A so I really need to not have P2 drop my mark.

Thanks.
Original post by em.drnt
Hi, I'm doing Edexcel IAL.
I'm fine with Pure 1 and Mechanics but Pure 2 is genuinely the bane of my existence. If anyone knows of any resources or tips on it, I'd really appreciate it. I'm aiming for an A so I really need to not have P2 drop my mark.
Thanks.

here’s a site I used for practice.
https://www.savemyexams.com/international-a-level/maths_pure-2/edexcel/20/
People who are doing edexcel a level math- where did u guys get mock sets from???
Reply 49
Original post by j3llyf1sh
i’m currently in yr12 taking a level maths - after an end of topic test & finding out i was on the verge of a fail i feel like i’ve lost a lot of confidence in maths. does anyone have any tips on how to improve? any good methods for revising, getting used to the content etc..? rlly need to get my grade up as i have no other subjects to switch maths with !!!

Solve as many past papers as you can and always look at the marking scheme, it's not just about getting the right answer, it's about HOW you got it. Also, if you get stuck, you can always refer to the marking scheme for guidelines.
Good luck,

Quick Reply

Latest