The Student Room Group

Changing my second degree

Hey - I currently hold a bachelor's in Classical Civilisation and recently started an Integrated Masters in Engineering and have concerns that it may not be for me. Would I be eligible for funding if I decided to switch to studying Mathematics at Birkbeck? I've only been on the course for 2 weeks.
(edited 6 months ago)
Original post by emilymunn
Hey - I currently hold a bachelor's in Classical Civilisation and recently started an Integrated Masters in Engineering and have concerns that it may not be for me. Would I be eligible for funding if I decided to switch to studying Mathematics at Birkbeck? I've only been on the course for 2 weeks.

Hi emilymunn,

As you hold an equal level qualification, you normally wouldn't be eligible however, if it is a part time Mathematical science course, then you may be eligible for part time funding.

Thanks, Clare
Reply 2
I've already received funding for a part-time Integrated Masters in Engineering (only 30 credits). The new Bachelor's degree in Mathematics will also be part-time. Is it still possible for me to switch and get funding?

I'm aware that it's possible to get funding for a second part-time degree if it's an exception course, but not sure if I can switch as I can't find information on this on your website.
I've already received funding for a part-time Integrated Masters in Engineering (only 30 credits). The new Bachelor's degree in Mathematics will also be part-time. Is it still possible for me to switch and get funding?

I'm aware that it's possible to get funding for a second part-time degree if it's an exception course, but not sure if I can switch as I can't find information on this on your website.

Hi Emily,

When did you start your new course and when does the Mathematics course begin? Thanks, Jason
Reply 4
Hey Jason - I started the Engineering course 9th October 2023, and the Mathematics course would start October 2024.
Hey Jason - I started the Engineering course 9th October 2023, and the Mathematics course would start October 2024.

Hi emilymunn,

Yes, you would be eligible as long as you meet all other standard eligibility criteria as a part time mathematics course is an exception to previous study rules.

Thanks, Clare

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending