The Student Room Group

First year internships/spring weeks for economics students

I've heard Bank of England is the big one just wondering if there are any others bcs acceptance for BoE is so low
Reply 1
Acceptance for all of them is very low and competition is incredibly high. Some of my undergraduate bunch had success chancing their arm with independent banking firms in the city centre, investment banks etc.

The unfortunate truth is that it is harder now than it was before COVID to get these opportunities.
Reply 2
Original post by gjd800
Acceptance for all of them is very low and competition is incredibly high. Some of my undergraduate bunch had success chancing their arm with independent banking firms in the city centre, investment banks etc.

The unfortunate truth is that it is harder now than it was before COVID to get these opportunities.

How big a role do A-levels and university play in selection? I'm going to a low semi-target, would I instantly be written off in favour of the Oxbridge, LSE, Warwick lot or could a good interview performance still give me a chance?
Reply 3
Original post by MA-HI05
How big a role do A-levels and university play in selection? I'm going to a low semi-target, would I instantly be written off in favour of the Oxbridge, LSE, Warwick lot or could a good interview performance still give me a chance?

It's really hard to gauge this. Getting to interview is hard enough and I think a decent performance puts you in a strong position.

Society involvement can help. My lot are involved with investment banking societies and all that stuff, and doing things with BSc Econ Society and all that stuff. Having these places see that you are interested in your own time outside of your degree programme can make a difference
(edited 7 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending