The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Official University of Exeter 2024 Applicants Thread

Scroll to see replies

hi, has anyone got an offer for the Flexible Combined honours course yet?? I applied mid-December and I have yet to receive a replied besides the "thanks for you application" email.
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
I just got an offer for mphys physics with astrophysics!!
Reply 342
Original post by Anonymous #57
hi, has anyone got an offer for the Flexible Combined honours course yet?? I applied mid-December and I have yet to receive a replied besides the "thanks for you application" email.

No I haven’t heard back from them yet apart from the ‘thank you for your application’ one
Original post by cgmc6
No I haven’t heard back from them yet apart from the ‘thank you for your application’ one

oh that's good. I was a bit worried because all my friends that applied for Exeter had already got their offers. I thought maybe they would do the gathered field thing for the FCH course but I'm assuming they would send an email if they were going to do that.
I have an offer for Art History, Visual Culture and Drama, but am waiting on one for Drama, Film and TV as it is gathered field. Is it worth me waiting? I am probably going for the first one, and I really want to be able to book my accommodation as soon as it opens.
Original post by Anonymous #58
I have an offer for Art History, Visual Culture and Drama, but am waiting on one for Drama, Film and TV as it is gathered field. Is it worth me waiting? I am probably going for the first one, and I really want to be able to book my accommodation as soon as it opens.

Hi there,

Applications for accommodation open from 9am on 8 April 2024, so you've still got some time to wait! I believe that rooms are assigned at random for undergraduates, not on a first come, first served basis. Therefore, as long as you apply before the end of the deadline, you will be guaranteed an offer for accommodation, so there isn't any real disadvantage to waiting! But of course, the choice is absolutely up to you!

Feel free to get in touch with any further questions.

Kitty
University of Exeter Student Ambassador
Original post by cgmc6
Hi! I’ve applied to Exeter for Maths and Spanishbut the personal statement on my application isfor French and Spanish (I had already submitted itso I couldn’t change it). My predicted grades areall A*s in my languages and Further Maths. Wouldit be worth emailing a separate maths personalstatement to the admissions office in case myapplication is not considered, or do you think mypredicted grades would be enough for it to be?

Hi @cgmc6,

Apologies in the delay getting back to you! If you haven't already heard back, I would get in touch with the admissions team directly and see what they think!

Sorry I couldn't be of more help. Feel free to get in touch with any further questions.

Kitty
Does anyone know when the term actually starts in September because I’m hoping to go travelling before
Original post by Anonymous #4
Does anyone know when the term actually starts in September because I’m hoping to go travelling before

Hi there,

Term 1 teaching starts on 23 September 2024. Freshers Week begins the week before (16 September).

Feel free to get in touch with any further questions!

Kitty
Original post by ExeterStudentRep
Hello everyone, this is a thread for anyone applying to the University of Exeter for a start in September 2024.

Current students and Exeter staff will monitor this chat, so we will do our best to answer any of your questions. This is also a great place to meet other prospective students too!

Why not let us know what course you have applied to study, and how you are feeling about starting university?

You can see what courses we have on offer here, and keep up to date with any Open Days here.

We look forward to chatting with you! :smile:

Hi,

Are there any student ambassadors on here studying BSc Biological Sciences? If so, what is a daily schedule like? How intense are labs/how many times a week?

Thanks!
Any engineering offers
Original post by Anonymous #44
Hi,

Are there any student ambassadors on here studying BSc Biological Sciences? If so, what is a daily schedule like? How intense are labs/how many times a week?

Thanks!

Hi there,

I'd recommend getting in touch with one of our current students via our online messaging system, linked here. I believe there are 2 students studying Biosciences - so they should be able to help you out!

Hope that helps. Feel free to get in touch with any further questions!

Kitty
My daughter received an unconditional offer for English Lit yesterday (non contextual and grades in hand), she was an early applicant too.
Has anyone got an offer for Art History with Classical Studies yet? I applied in November and have yet to hear back. I emailed Admissions last week to see if they had everything in order to process my applications ok but heard nothing back
Original post by BettyYaga
Has anyone got an offer for Art History with Classical Studies yet? I applied in November and have yet to hear back. I emailed Admissions last week to see if they had everything in order to process my applications ok but heard nothing back
Hi @BettyYaga,

I'm sorry to hear you haven't heard back from the Admissions Team yet. This is a very busy period as they try to work through applications, so I wouldn't worry - hopefully they will get back to you soon!
Applications will continue to be processed over the next few months - if you haven'y done so already, you can take a look at our After You Apply page, and it will walk you through the application process/timeline.

I'm sorry I can't be of too much more help! Please feel free to get back in touch if you still haven't heard back from the Admissions Team in the next week and I'll see if there is anything more I can do!

Kitty
Original post by ExeterStudentRep
Hi @BettyYaga,

I'm sorry to hear you haven't heard back from the Admissions Team yet. This is a very busy period as they try to work through applications, so I wouldn't worry - hopefully they will get back to you soon!
Applications will continue to be processed over the next few months - if you haven'y done so already, you can take a look at our After You Apply page, and it will walk you through the application process/timeline.

I'm sorry I can't be of too much more help! Please feel free to get back in touch if you still haven't heard back from the Admissions Team in the next week and I'll see if there is anything more I can do!

Kitty
Hi, if my course has their post offer day before I hear back, what should I do? It’s on the 29th of this month and I’d need to take the day off work and book flights over. I’m a mature student expecting an unconditional offer if this helps. I can’t find anyone else in this course who has heard back yet to ask, sorry! 😬
Hi, I’ve been accepted to study Law with European study for 2024. My offer is for A*AA but as I got an A in EPQ, it says they would still accept me if I got one grade lower. Does this strictly mean AAA or could I get accepted with A*AB? It doesn’t say and I’m not sure how it works.
Original post by BettyYaga
Hi, if my course has their post offer day before I hear back, what should I do? It’s on the 29th of this month and I’d need to take the day off work and book flights over. I’m a mature student expecting an unconditional offer if this helps. I can’t find anyone else in this course who has heard back yet to ask, sorry! 😬

Hi Betty Yaga

Our last offer holder visit day is actually this weekend. Unfortunately there will be some offers made after this date. You are of course welcome to call the admissions team directly to check the status of your application. We do provide some further offer holder activities online and you will be sent details of this if you receive an offer. These will most likely be around mid April.
There are other opportunities to visit us detailed on our Visiting Pages. You may also be interested to know we have dedicated support for Mature applicants and students. https://www.exeter.ac.uk/students/wp-support/supportfor/maturestudents/

Chris
University of Exeter Student Recruitment Team
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by Anonymous #44
Hi,
Thanks!

Hi - A great way to connect with our current student from the course or perhaps just that study area would be our Ask a Current Student feature.

Hopefully you can get a good feel for managing your study schedule from there.
Chris
University of Exeter Student Recruitment Team
Hi, law applicants & offer holders,

I made a form for us to enter all law decisions (offer, still waiting, rejection) across universities this year (2023-2024)

Here's the link:https://forms.gle/BFRACrPsm4zE9KJh9

Link to responses: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cAJyHUxO8UxjUn3e7uDVq2DMN1ZV8Rih5kNAmCtlZdo/edit?usp=sharing

Please do make the time to fill out the form to help those who are still waiting and those who will be applying next year.

Good luck with your upcoming exams!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending