The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Official University of Exeter 2024 Applicants Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Wombat11
Email acknowledging application arrived about 2 weeks after application went in. They apologised for some delay due to problems in uploading applications.

Would be interested to know if anyone gets an early offer. I know they tier applicants and 3x Astar is tier one and they say they make some early offers to ‘exceptional applicants’ - I assume this mostly means those with top predictions or grades in hand.

I’m predicted 3 A*s and I applied last week so I’m happy to let you know if I get an early offer
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Original post by Anonymous
Anyone heard anything from them? Has anyone had an email acknowledging the application

Hi there,

It might be worth checking out our After You Apply page if you haven't done so already - this should provide a bit more information about offer timelines, decisions, etc.

Please feel free to reach out if you have any further questions!

Kitty
University of Exeter Student Ambassador
Reply 22
I’m predicted 3 A*s and I applied last week so I’m happy to let you know if I get an early offer

Well done. That’s great. Do you mind me asking which subject or type of subject if you’d rather not say. I’ve applied for a humanities subject and also have 3 x Astar prediction. Thanks.
Original post by Wombat11
Well done. That’s great. Do you mind me asking which subject or type of subject if you’d rather not say. I’ve applied for a humanities subject and also have 3 x Astar prediction. Thanks.

Of course! I’ve applied for law. Congrats to you as well! What’ve you applied for
I applied to Physics at the end of last week- got acknowledgement email today.
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 25
I’ve applied to a humanities subject. Out of interest, did you get a contextual offer or have anything ‘special’ about your application which might explain why you got the early offer?

I’m a standard applicant and don’t have anything unusual about my application - hoping the top predicted grades and (hopefully) strong PS will put me in Tier One and suitable for an early offer, but who know….
I don't have an offer, only an email acknowledging they've received my application.
I doubt I'm eligible for a contextual offer, but I've got good grades so I'm hopefully a tier 1 applicant.
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 27
Anyone heard anything from them? Has anyone had an email acknowledging the application

I received my email around 2 days after I submitted.
Reply 28

my application was sent 5 days ago (for anthropology), but i haven't had anything from them yet - i'll update if i get any emails though !!
Reply 29
Submitted UCAS form on the 5th October and got confirmation they had received it in the 13th.

I have A stars predicted for all 3 of my A levels and my EPQ. I am hoping for a quick offer - but nothing yet.
compared to last year it feels like they are taking forever to send out offers

Hi there,

It's great to hear you have applied to the University of Exeter! Please don't feel concerned if you haven't received news about your application yet, it will come in due course - our After You Apply page might provide a bit more information.

In the meantime, feel free to get in contact with any questions you may have.
Best of luck!

Kitty

Feeling the exact same right now!!! I know people who already had offers this time last year but I feel like they haven't given any out yet which is annoying - hoping they do it soon though I need that reassurance lol
Feeling the exact same right now!!! I know people who already had offers this time last year but I feel like they haven't given any out yet which is annoying - hoping they do it soon though I need that reassurance lol

yes literally! loads of people last year got it in october, i hope i hear soon im so impatient hahah
Original post by smc17
Hi is there an email to confirm our application has been received as I applied last week and have not had confirmation like I’ve had from other unis. Also is there a notification to say we are in a gathered field offer-wise for engineering and management?

Hi @smc17,

Have you received confirmation yet? I know this can take a while to come through during busy periods, so no need to worry! In the meantime, you can check out our Apply You Apply page to find more information about how and when you'll find out about the outcome of your application.
Please feel free to get in touch with any other questions. Best of luck!

Kitty
Reply 35
Original post by ExeterStudentRep
Hi @smc17,

Have you received confirmation yet? I know this can take a while to come through during busy periods, so no need to worry! In the meantime, you can check out our Apply You Apply page to find more information about how and when you'll find out about the outcome of your application.
Please feel free to get in touch with any other questions. Best of luck!

Kitty

Yes I received it this week and the email explained the technical difficulties which are understandable. I was also wondering how popular your engineering courses are and what the waiting time for a response is?
Original post by smc17
Yes I received it this week and the email explained the technical difficulties which are understandable. I was also wondering how popular your engineering courses are and what the waiting time for a response is?

Hi @smc17,

Unfortunately I can't provide an exact time frame for a response to your application. Exeter aim to respond to applications by the end of March, but where possible offers will be released much sooner. As mentioned above, more information on this process can be found on our After You Apply page. I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help - I'm afraid it is a bit of a waiting game!
Applications for our engineering courses also vary from year to year - again, I can't provide much more specific than that. You can always get in touch directly with our admissions team here, and I'm sure they will do their best to answer your questions.

Let me know if there is anything else I can help with!

Kitty
Hello, I am an Exeter Scholar, and so should qualify for a guaranteed offer. I have two questions. Given that I am a Scholar, does it matter what my predicted grades when applying for a course? Also, as Exeter guarantee offers for Scholars, will I receive an offer quickly once I have submitted my UCAS for,?
Hello, I am an Exeter Scholar, and so should qualify for a guaranteed offer. I have two questions. Given that I am a Scholar, does it matter what my predicted grades when applying for a course? Also, as Exeter guarantee offers for Scholars, will I receive an offer quickly once I have submitted my UCAS for,?

Hi there,

I've just had a quick look on the University website and found the following:

"Exeter Scholars participants who apply to study at the University of Exeter will be guaranteed to receive an offer for their course of choice, subject to any interviews and / or subject-specific entry requirements. The offer will also include a reduction in entry requirements in recognition of participation in this programme.
The grade reduction available is reviewed annually and published in June. As a guide, the current reduction in entry requirements for programme participants applying to join the University in September 2023 is 3 A Level grades or equivalent below a standard entry offer for the majority of courses, and 2 A Level grades or equivalent for BMBS Medicine."
More information can be found here.

Exeter aim to respond to applications as soon as possible, but sometimes this can take longer than expected. I would recommend getting in touch with the Exeter Scholars team directly if you have any concerns and they should be able to help with this.

Please do let me know if there is anything else I can help you with!

Kitty
I just got an offer today for History and Politics (i'm predicted 45 at IB)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending