The Student Room Group

leaving for college

hello. I got accepted into my dream college, im going to leave for it in about 3 months and i am terrified. the thought of being away from my family is mentally killing me and im just so scared to be alone ,does anyone have tips? i keep thinking about this and i cant sleep for so long now
Reply 1
Original post by Steph88900
hello. I got accepted into my dream college, im going to leave for it in about 3 months and i am terrified. the thought of being away from my family is mentally killing me and im just so scared to be alone ,does anyone have tips? i keep thinking about this and i cant sleep for so long now

Change can be scary! It means leaving your comfort zone and entering the unknown, so being nervous about what's to come is completely normal. Talking to your family about your worries could be helpful - maybe you can arrange regular visits or video calls, take some photos of them with you, and other things that might help you stay connected to your family while you're away. Also, is there a way you can get in touch with other students starting this college at the same time as you? Getting to know people before you go might help you feel less afraid of being alone there. Finally, keep in mind why you are doing this. Making a list of all the reasons you want to go there and the things you want to achieve while you're there could be helpful, or making a mood board of what you hope the college experience will be like. When you're feeling particularly worried, review these things to remind yourself of why you are doing this - all the good things you hope to gain from it.

Quick Reply

Latest