The Student Room Group

A-level Film Studies Study Group 2023-2024

:hello: Welcome to the A-level Film Studies Study Group! :hello:

This is where you can chat with other students studying the same subjects as you and support each other as you head towards your exams :grouphugs:

You can post any useful tips and resources that you come across, offer support to others, share your successes, or just have moan when it gets tough! :yes:
Just remember, it’s against the site rules to ask for or offer any copyrighted papers, or to take conversations off-site to do these things. Posts that break these rules will be removed.

A few possible ice breaker questions are:
What exam board are you with?
What do you enjoy most about this subject/ course?
What area do you struggle with in this subject/ course?

Good luck with the next few months. Remember, ask for help, support where you can and together we can do this! :yeah:
woohoo!! heyo ^__^

1. eduquas!!!
2. for one theres rhe just watching movies part of it but i think theres a lot to unpack about certain movies that i just think is really interesting!!! very good w the terminology too
3. well i have Just started this course now but!! some essays im struggling a bit haha, along with the fact my memory isn't great. glad to meet anyone who takes this subject too though !!!
1. WJEC Eduqas
2. Watching and taking apart films, understanding what went into the production of the film and what world events inspired the narrative of the film.
3. The memorizing factors of the course. (Memorizing Mise-en-scene, cinematography etc.) which I had greater trouble with in GCSE Film Studies.
Reply 3
The exam board i'm with is WJEC Educas, I get really low marks on the essays because i don't know how to structure my essays, with my other subjects, such as economics, there is a clear structure which i follow that ensures i get the top marks, because i know exactly what to include. Does anyone know a clear structure to follow for film essays and what exactly to make sure to include in each paragraph???
Reply 4
Hii:smile:

I do the Eduqas exam board

I love watching the films and having discussions about their meanings after, our class usually ranks all the film we study on the course

Finishing the essays in time - I’m a slow writer so 50 minutes for a 40 mark question means I never get to finish it to the standard I want

Original post by Pwca

:hello: Welcome to the A-level Film Studies Study Group! :hello:

This is where you can chat with other students studying the same subjects as you and support each other as you head towards your exams :grouphugs:

You can post any useful tips and resources that you come across, offer support to others, share your successes, or just have moan when it gets tough! :yes:
Just remember, it’s against the site rules to ask for or offer any copyrighted papers, or to take conversations off-site to do these things. Posts that break these rules will be removed.

A few possible ice breaker questions are:
What exam board are you with?
What do you enjoy most about this subject/ course?
What area do you struggle with in this subject/ course?

Good luck with the next few months. Remember, ask for help, support where you can and together we can do this! :yeah:
abc
Reply 6
Original post by zfatimahz
The exam board i'm with is WJEC Educas, I get really low marks on the essays because i don't know how to structure my essays, with my other subjects, such as economics, there is a clear structure which i follow that ensures i get the top marks, because i know exactly what to include. Does anyone know a clear structure to follow for film essays and what exactly to make sure to include in each paragraph???
This is exactly me. Just got a D in my mocks and thought I’d done so much better. Really don’t know what I’m doing wrong to put it right (our tutors are literally useless)
Does anyone have any example essays for WJEC Eduqas I feel so lost in film studies 😭😭
Reply 8
Original post by profitable-capst
Does anyone have any example essays for WJEC Eduqas I feel so lost in film studies 😭😭
We have trawled lots of sites and can’t find any!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending