The Student Room Group

A-level Sociology Study Group 2023-2024

Scroll to see replies

Thanks for the love(?)
Also. I'm just the messenger trying to make things more understandable (but I get it that it may not always seem that way...)
And if you think I made your life hard, remember I spent 9 long months writing the book just to make things easier for students. And also to make money. Probably more to make money, but we can probably agree it's the thought that counts.
Original post by Zari_247
Hey. I can’t access your note’s link, is it okay for you to send it to me separately?

if you mean the website, press the link, it should work now!
Reply 22
Original post by Chris.Livesey
Thanks for the love(?)
Also. I'm just the messenger trying to make things more understandable (but I get it that it may not always seem that way...)
And if you think I made your life hard, remember I spent 9 long months writing the book just to make things easier for students. And also to make money. Probably more to make money, but we can probably agree it's the thought that counts.

I get that bit (inflation’s eating us all alive). I enjoy reading your stuff, there’s a lot of things in there that simply blow my mind off, and I never knew I could ever like sociology but here we are. I just hate that I have to memorize it all you know. But eh, that’s not your problem. Thanks for writing a resourceful book.
Hey, I'm glad you like Sociology. And remembering stuff is easier if you're interested in it and, most importantly, are curious about it.
Reply 24
Hey, I'm glad you like Sociology. And remembering stuff is easier if you're interested in it and, most importantly, are curious about it.

I’ll take that advice. Just one question though, was it fun working with Jonathan Blundell?
I’ll take that advice. Just one question though, was it fun working with Jonathan Blundell?

The thing is, I didn't actually work with him.
Reply 26

The thing is, I didn't actually work with him.

I’m curious to know how that worked out. Did you guys just do your respective parts of research (on your own) and then combine it at the end or something like that?
I’m curious to know how that worked out. Did you guys just do your respective parts of research (on your own) and then combine it at the end or something like that?

I wrote all of the 1st edition of the textbook. For the 2nd edition that I didn't have the time or the inclination to update, Blundell wrote the new chapter on Globalisation and added whatever updates were required.

I guess the 2nd edition got a makeover in terms of page design etc. but I wasn't involved in that because because my day job at ShortCutstv was taking most of my time.

And interest, if I'm honest. It's much more enjoyable making films than it is writing textbooks. I still keep my hand in by writing a blog (shortcutstv.com/blog) when the film stuff allows.
Reply 28

I wrote all of the 1st edition of the textbook. For the 2nd edition that I didn't have the time or the inclination to update, Blundell wrote the new chapter on Globalisation and added whatever updates were required.

I guess the 2nd edition got a makeover in terms of page design etc. but I wasn't involved in that because because my day job at ShortCutstv was taking most of my time.

And interest, if I'm honest. It's much more enjoyable making films than it is writing textbooks. I still keep my hand in by writing a blog (shortcutstv.com/blog) when the film stuff allows.

It’s great to see you doing what you love. I hope to do the same someday.
Reply 29

Lots of love.🤎
Lots of love.🤎

Thanks.
Hi does anyone have the 2023 sociology paper 3? Thankyouu x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending