The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Official Loughborough University - Applicant Thread 2024

Scroll to see replies

Hiii - Is anyone doing Graphics Design or any creative subject that requires a short design task? I only sent in my application recently and was just wondering what the potential tasks could be :smile:
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Original post by Anonymous #2
Hiii - Is anyone doing Graphics Design or any creative subject that requires a short design task? I only sent in my application recently and was just wondering what the potential tasks could be :smile:

Hi there,

If you haven't already, you may want to take a look at this webpage here to find out more about the application process for our Graphic Design BA course. If you have any other questions in the meantime, let us know :smile:

Lindsay
(edited 4 months ago)
I want to do Aeronautical Engineering at Loughborough. What A-Levels would I be needing?
(edited 4 months ago)
Original post by Loughborough University
Hello :smile:

Welcome to the Loughborough applicants thread for 2024 for all prospective applicants. It's also a thread where you can have a general chat and ask any questions you can't find the answer to.

The most common FAQs are answered in the drop-downs below, so have a look there first. There are a lot of answers on the University website too, but feel free to ask here if you can't find what you need.

How to apply

Entry requirements

International students

Mature students

Deferred entry

Fees and finance

After applying

How long does it take to reply

Interviews

Visit days

Rejected despite meeting the minimum requirements

After receiving an offer

Replying to an offer

Accommodation

Results day and Clearing

Hopefully all of this helps towards answering some of your questions!

If there is anything else you need to know - just ask - we're always happy to help :smile:

- Loughborough Team

I want to do Aeronautical Engineering at Loughborough. What A-Levels would be needing?
Original post by HighEnough
I want to do Aeronautical Engineering at Loughborough. What A-Levels would I be needing?

Their website says here that for their Aeronautical Engineering BEng (Hons) degree (3 years, plus optional placement year) you will need "AAB including Maths and Physics". Their web site says here that for their Aeronautical Engineering MEng (Hons) degree (4 years, plus optional placement year) you need "A*AA including Maths and Physics with A* in Maths or Physics". So make sure you take Maths and Physics. :smile:

Beyond that, it's up to you. TheUniGuide says here that the most popular subjects (for the BEng) are Mathematics, Physics and Further Mathematics.
Original post by HighEnough
I want to do Aeronautical Engineering at Loughborough. What A-Levels would be needing?

Hi @HighEnough,

Great to hear you're interested in studying at Loughborough. Yes, you'll want to take a look at the individual course pages to see the entry requirements :smile:

Lindsay
Hey!
i got an offer for Ma service design!
would like to connect with others who are going for the same course
Hey, I've secured a place for physics with a foundation year. I'm wondering if I'm guaranteed accommodation in halls for my foundation year and first year or just the foundation year.
Original post by Anonymous
Hey, I've secured a place for physics with a foundation year. I'm wondering if I'm guaranteed accommodation in halls for my foundation year and first year or just the foundation year.

Hi there,

Congratulations on securing your place!

All Loughborough students, including foundation students, are eligible to stay in halls on campus. You have the option to return to halls and stay in halls all throughout your studies. You do need to apply to secure a place in the accommodation. Information about applying to halls and what options we have available at Loughborough can be found here. If you have any questions regarding accommodation please contact: [email protected]

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions please ask 🙂

Alex
Original post by Loughborough Student Community
Hi there,

Congratulations on securing your place!

All Loughborough students, including foundation students, are eligible to stay in halls on campus. You have the option to return to halls and stay in halls all throughout your studies. You do need to apply to secure a place in the accommodation. Information about applying to halls and what options we have available at Loughborough can be found here. If you have any questions regarding accommodation please contact: [email protected]

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions please ask 🙂

Alex

I suspect the key word in the question was the word "guaranteed".

Normally, if a candidate makes a uni their firm choice, and applies for accomodation by a given deadline, they are guaranteed accommodation for the first year.

The question was (presumably) that if they're applying for a foundation course is the "first year" (for which the guarantee would apply) their foundation year (year 0) or also their first "normal" year (year 1).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending