The Student Room Group

University of Birmingham welcome week

In a week I will be starting a BA in Social Work at the university of birmingham. However I’ve looked at my Welcome week timetable and I’m in 17 compulsory lectures each ranging from an hour to three hours long. This will take up all my time in freshers week and I’ll miss out on all the fairs. I’ve talked to some people who I know who are also attending UoB and they have 2-3 compulsory lectures. My lectures start at 9am each day and can end between 3-6pm, is this correct and I simply just have to miss all the welcome events?
Original post by Anonymous
In a week I will be starting a BA in Social Work at the university of birmingham. However I’ve looked at my Welcome week timetable and I’m in 17 compulsory lectures each ranging from an hour to three hours long. This will take up all my time in freshers week and I’ll miss out on all the fairs. I’ve talked to some people who I know who are also attending UoB and they have 2-3 compulsory lectures. My lectures start at 9am each day and can end between 3-6pm, is this correct and I simply just have to miss all the welcome events?

I'm doing a different course to you, however when I was in first year not a huge number of people attended the lectures in welcome week. Do you have a course group chat where you can find out what others are doing? I can't recommend skipping them as I don't know how it works for your course unfortunately!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending