The Student Room Group

4 a levels better than 3 for medicine?

I have a chance to do 4 a levels, I'm doing biology, chemistry and geography and my French teacher really wants me to do a level French, its because I got a 9 in French and nearly full marks as I speak it at home and was born there,

I reckon I could get A*AAB, if I pursue French, is the extra work worth it?

essentially is someone who got A*AAB or A*AAA better off then someone who got A*AA, When applying to medicine?

im in year 12 right now, let me know what you guys think, shall I take the extra work or leave?
Original post by og-iconx
I have a chance to do 4 a levels, I'm doing biology, chemistry and geography and my French teacher really wants me to do a level French, its because I got a 9 in French and nearly full marks as I speak it at home and was born there,

essentially is someone who got A*AAB or A*AAA better off then someone who got A*AA, When applying to medicine?

im in year 12 right now, let me know what you guys think, shall I take the extra work or leave?

do 3, u just dont need 4 most offers are for 3, better off spending that time on supercurriculars extra curriuclars, getting ur predicted grades and eventually ucat/bmat etc.
Reply 2
Original post by aneer3wq3wt
do 3, u just dont need 4 most offers are for 3, better off spending that time on supercurriculars extra curriuclars, getting ur predicted grades and eventually ucat/bmat etc.

okay ill do 3 thanksss
Reply 3
Original post by og-iconx

Do 3, especially for Med where you need all the extra time you have to do work experience, UCAT prep, extra curriculars, plus ideally a med EPQ.

Quick Reply

Latest