The Student Room Group

GCSE

If I resit my GCSES and get all 9's and then get A's in my A levels do I have a chance to be accepted at Oxford for medicine or are they gonna look at the fact that I had to re-sit my GCSE what if to become a stronger applicant I take 4 A-levels rather than 3? I am resitting my GCSE because I moved country and had issues... Also what A levels are the best to take for medicine what would the 4th one be?
Please let me know
Thank you very much
Original post by enthjmk5e664
If I resit my GCSES and get all 9's and then get A's in my A levels do I have a chance to be accepted at Oxford for medicine or are they gonna look at the fact that I had to re-sit my GCSE what if to become a stronger applicant I take 4 A-levels rather than 3? I am resitting my GCSE because I moved country and had issues... Also what A levels are the best to take for medicine what would the 4th one be?
Please let me know
Thank you very much

As you can see from the Oxf Uni entry requirements for medicine https://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduate/courses/course-listing/medicine which you've already viewed :smile: Chemistry is essential. Maths, further maths, biology and physics are all good a level subjects to take. The admissions process is not just about GCSEs but A'level predicted or actual grades, BMAT score, personal statement and interview assuming you get called. Note that medicine at Oxford is heavily oversubscribed with around 10 applicants for every place. That means that 75% of people applying won't make it to the interview stage. There is a separate medicine forum on TSR which I suggest you also look at. Re-sitting GCSEs is no guarantee that you'll get 9s. The standard Oxford offer for medicine is A*AA and therefore a 4th A level won't better your chances.
(edited 7 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest