The Student Room Group

4 a levels + epq???

OK SO
I'm currently doing 4 a levels- or def starting with and we'll see. These A Levels are: English Lit, Maths, Drama and Classical Civ.

I am also doing an EPQ, or at least until Christmas. Our school makes everyone do an EPQ until Christmas and then we can drop it. I really want to do an EPQ because it will help with my university skills, not to mention my essay writing. However, I've been warned it's a lot of work on top of 4 a levels and a lot of the year 13s advised I should drop it after Christmas. I really want to do this but don't want to stress myself out/ burn out. Anyone have any advice? Or EPQ tips to aid me?

Thank you xx :smile:)
Reply 1
Hey, I'm in Year 13 right now and I took 4 A Levels and an EPQ last year. I take Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Computer Science. I didn't actually feel like it was too much because I planned well ahead and knew exactly what I needed to do. Do your EPQ in your frees or set a fixed hour or so aside for it every week, read loads of books and just keep working at it, and you'll be fine. It's really all about time management and the sooner you can get started the better.
Reply 2
I'm also doing 4 alevels + epq. I am in Y13, it is fine, EPQ honestly didn't take up too much of my time. I started writing the essay in around March and finished in April. All you need to do is to set yourself targets and complete them every week. I'm sure you will be fine. Feel free to message if you need any advice.
Definitely do it- although our school lets us do it in year 11 for some reason, it is really useful- especially if you can tailor it to what subjects you want to do at university because having prior expertise in a niche area of the subject will land you in really good stead for uni. Especially if you want to go to Oxbridge I would advise 100%.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending