The Student Room Group

Switching from Bsc to Msci

I am a UK student starting a Bsc in Biology this year but have the option to switch to the Msci during the first couple years of the course. I was wondering if I will still receive funding from sfe if I were to switch as I have already used up one of my years of funding. I previously attended one year at a different university but dropped out, using up my extra year of funding. Would I be allowed to swap and still receive funding or would I have to pay for the 4th year myself?
Original post by Bepsis
I am a UK student starting a Bsc in Biology this year but have the option to switch to the Msci during the first couple years of the course. I was wondering if I will still receive funding from sfe if I were to switch as I have already used up one of my years of funding. I previously attended one year at a different university but dropped out, using up my extra year of funding. Would I be allowed to swap and still receive funding or would I have to pay for the 4th year myself?

Hi there, how many years is the course and how many years have you previously studied? Thanks, Jason
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Jason
Hi there, how many years is the course and how many years have you previously studied? Thanks, Jason

The current course is three years with the MSci being an extra year. I was only at my previous university for less than a term so one year, thanks!
Original post by Bepsis
The current course is three years with the MSci being an extra year. I was only at my previous university for less than a term so one year, thanks!

Thank you,

If you've only had less than one year of previous study then you'd be funded for the new course. Thanks, Jason
Reply 4
Original post by SFE Jason
Thank you,

If you've only had less than one year of previous study then you'd be funded for the new course. Thanks, Jason

I only paid for one term, would that make me eligible for funding? sorry i just want to make sure that it’s 100% clear, thanks again!
Original post by Bepsis
I only paid for one term, would that make me eligible for funding? sorry i just want to make sure that it’s 100% clear, thanks again!

If you've had a year or less of funding before then yes it would make you eligible for all years going forward. If not and you've had more than a year you'd only be eligible for a year back if you previously suspended or withdrew due to reasons outwith your control. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending