The Student Room Group

Student finance with an equivalent level qualification.

Hi, I've received a letter saying that as I am studying for a qualification that is equivalent to or lower than a qualification you already have, you're not eligible for some aspects of student finance. You won't be eligible to receive fee support, maintenance loan, maintenance grant or special support grant while studying on your new course.

You may be eligible for other student finance such as parental learning allowance, adult dependants grant, childcare grant or disabled students allowance.

I did a level 3 BTEC course for the last two years, this year I'm going to do a level 4 BTEC course. I'm currently 18. Can anyone advise me please?
Original post by spooky558
Hi, I've received a letter saying that as I am studying for a qualification that is equivalent to or lower than a qualification you already have, you're not eligible for some aspects of student finance. You won't be eligible to receive fee support, maintenance loan, maintenance grant or special support grant while studying on your new course.

You may be eligible for other student finance such as parental learning allowance, adult dependants grant, childcare grant or disabled students allowance.

I did a level 3 BTEC course for the last two years, this year I'm going to do a level 4 BTEC course. I'm currently 18. Can anyone advise me please?

Hi there, I think you made an error when advising on your previous study. If you upload a cover letter to your account advising you don't have a previous qualification and you had states this in error. The only funding you had was a level 3 course. Then this will rectify on your account in an estimated 15 working days. Thanks, Jason
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Jason
Hi there, I think you made an error when advising on your previous study. If you upload a cover letter to your account advising you don't have a previous qualification and you had states this in error. The only funding you had was a level 3 course. Then this will rectify on your account in an estimated 15 working days. Thanks, Jason

Hi Jason,

Thanks, I'll do that straight away.
Original post by spooky558
Hi Jason,

Thanks, I'll do that straight away.

You're welcome. Have a good day. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending