The Student Room Group

Student finance rejected due to not being ELQ exception course

"As you are studying for a qualification that is equivalent to or lower than a qualification you already have, you're not eligible for some aspects of student finance". These included Fee Support, Maintenance Loan, Maintenance Grant and Special Support Grant

I previously studied BA History pregrad, and this BSc Cybersecurity degree (which is Full Time, Saturday Intensive) will be my second degree. What grounds do I have to appeal my rejection?

As you are studying for a qualification that is equivalent to or lower than a qualification you alreadyhave, you’re not eligible for some aspects of student finance

As you are studying for a qualification that is equivalent to or lower than a qualification you alreadyhave, you’re not eligible for some aspects of student finance
Did you complete and qualify with a BA?

If so then there’s no possibility of appealing, there’s no funding for a second full time degree in cybersecurity. If you switch to part time then you would be eligible for funding
Original post by DembouzzuobmeD
"As you are studying for a qualification that is equivalent to or lower than a qualification you already have, you're not eligible for some aspects of student finance". These included Fee Support, Maintenance Loan, Maintenance Grant and Special Support Grant

I previously studied BA History pregrad, and this BSc Cybersecurity degree (which is Full Time, Saturday Intensive) will be my second degree. What grounds do I have to appeal my rejection?

Hi there, The qualifications BA and BSC are the same level, this is why you are not eligible for funding for the full time course. Thanks, Angela

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending