The Student Room Group

A- levels

I have picked Biology, Chemistry and History for my A-levels. Has anyone else studied these subjects before or is anyone studying these subjects now? If so, how are these subjects like and what are the best ways to study and revise? Thank you!
Reply 1
Original post by student643
I have picked Biology, Chemistry and History for my A-levels. Has anyone else studied these subjects before or is anyone studying these subjects now? If so, how are these subjects like and what are the best ways to study and revise? Thank you!

I do bio and chem and I use anki flash cards. They do take some time to make though but you can access some really good free decks made by other students via their website. I also love miss estruch’s (bio) and allery chemistry’s (chem) YouTube videos :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by student643

I studied history last year! Honestly, unless you're quite interested in the periods of history you do, it can make or break how much you like it. However, if you really feel like you'll like them it becomes a lot easier. I found it best to revise by making timelines of events just so you can visualise everything better. Also, flashcards for the years or people you need to know are very useful too. Try and get your head around essay planning first so you can solidify your structure for the essays when it comes to writing them and good luck! <3

Quick Reply

Latest