Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

Official Oxford Brookes University Applicant Thread for 2024

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Evil Homer
Hi there,

Welcome to the official Oxford Brookes University Applicant Thread for 2024! Here, you have the opportunity to meet and chat with fellow applicants and ask any questions you want regarding applying to Oxford Brookes University.

Below are some icebreaker questions to help you get started:

“What course are you applying for?”
“Will you be attending any Open Days?”
“How are you feeling about starting University?”

Get involved in more conversations by visiting our directory here and join in with the Yr 13 Chat thread here.

Good luck and happy posting!

Hoping to apply for the Film BA soon!
Excited and terrified about applying and uni lol
Hope to meet others doing film too :smile:
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
Original post by melsloveletterss
hi !!
i’ve recently got an offer to study business and marketing management at oxford brookes in september 2024 and was wondering if anyone is applying for the same course?

melanie🎀

Hi @melsloveletterss

Congratulations on your offer! 🎉

If you have any questions about your offer, please feel free to contact us.

Best wishes,
Shannon
Admissions Office
(edited 4 months ago)
Original post by tac000
Hoping to apply for the Film BA soon!
Excited and terrified about applying and uni lol
Hope to meet others doing film too :smile:

Hi @tac000

We are glad to hear you are interested in our BA Film course 🙂

We understand that applying to university can be an overwhelming process, so we have prepared a blog post with top tips for writing a personal statement. Please click on this link to access it.

If you have any further questions about the application process, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best wishes,
Shannon

Just to let you know sharing group chats is against our guidelines so I've removed your other post.

Congratulations on your offer, best of luck for the rest of your A-levels!

oh sorry, i’m new to TSR so please forgive me! thanks for letting me know and thank you for wishing me the best of luck!
Reply 24
Hello!
I will be applying for medicine in 2025 and no I will not be able to attend open days due to being an international student and pretty sure I would be feeling excited for university, and so I just wanted to get a complete guide on the steps to apply for medicine and the required tests etc. Thanks!
Original post by primeval_wolves
I've applied for Japanese studies and been offered a place, looking forward to meeting other people on the same course!

hii, i also applied for japanese studies at ob. I just wanted to ask how long did it take before you received your offer?
Original post by Anonymous #3
hii, i also applied for japanese studies at ob. I just wanted to ask how long did it take before you received your offer?

Hi! It took a little over three weeks for me to receive my offer, it was the last uni to respond
I got an offer for comp sci!
Original post by iaw747
Hello!
I will be applying for medicine in 2025 and no I will not be able to attend open days due to being an international student and pretty sure I would be feeling excited for university, and so I just wanted to get a complete guide on the steps to apply for medicine and the required tests etc. Thanks!

Hi @iaw747 ,

Unfortunately, we do not offer a specific medicine course. But we do offer similar courses that may interest you. For more information on the wide variety of courses we offer, please see the website.

Best wishes,
Shannon
Admissions Office
Original post by Anonymous #4
I got an offer for comp sci!

Hi,

Best wishes,
Shannon
Admissions Office
@OxfordBrookesRep
Hi, I applied for Motorsport Engineering BEng on 2nd January. By when should I normally hear back? Getting a bit anxious honestly
Original post by EauRouge7105
@OxfordBrookesRep
Hi, I applied for Motorsport Engineering BEng on 2nd January. By when should I normally hear back? Getting a bit anxious honestly

Hi, I'm a fellow student at OBU. You should hear back within 2/3 weeks.
Hi there,

Welcome to the official Oxford Brookes University Applicant Thread for 2024! Here, you have the opportunity to meet and chat with fellow applicants and ask any questions you want regarding applying to Oxford Brookes University.

Get involved in more conversations by visiting our directory here and join in with the Yr 13 Chat thread here.

Please could you let me know when offers for the BA (Hons) Marketing Management are likely to be sent?
Hi there,

I applied for the Japanese Studies course about two weeks ago. How long will I have to wait to hear back?
Hi all,

We have received several enquiries on this thread about the timeline for receiving offers. Typically, we take ten working days to review applications. However, due to the Admissions Office being closed over the Christmas holidays, it may take a bit longer to process applications. We would like to assure you that we are working hard to review your applications as soon as possible :smile:

If you have any concerns or queries, please do get in touch with us about your application. You can find our contact details on this link.

Best wishes,
Shannon
Admissions Office
(edited 3 months ago)
Got an offer for Motorsport Engineering BEng, going to make it my firm 🙂

Congrats! OBU is a wonderful place, you'll enjoy it here!
Original post by Anonymous #3
I applied for the Japanese Studies course about two weeks ago. How long will I have to wait to hear back?

I applied in the middle of October and got my offer back three weeks later
Original post by dumb01
Congrats! OBU is a wonderful place, you'll enjoy it here!

Thanks! Really looking forward to it

Hi,

Best wishes,
Shannon
Admissions Office

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending