Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

Official Oxford Brookes University Applicant Thread for 2024

Scroll to see replies

Original post by OxfordBrookesRep
Hi,

Congratulations on your offer! 🎉

If you have any questions about your offer, please feel free to contact us.

Best wishes,
Shannon
Admissions Office

Hi
I had actually sent a mail to the admissions team a week ago regarding the conditions on my offer. I received the requirements in UCAS Tariff Points but I am studying CBSE Board 12th in India and so wanted to know what the requirements will be in CBSE Percentage
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
Original post by EauRouge7105
Hi
I had actually sent a mail to the admissions team a week ago regarding the conditions on my offer. I received the requirements in UCAS Tariff Points but I am studying CBSE Board 12th in India and so wanted to know what the requirements will be in CBSE Percentage

Hi @EauRouge7105,

I have sent you a private message on here about this so please could you check your inbox? :smile:

Best wishes,
Shannon
Admissions Office
Reply 42
Original post by Anonymous #4
I got an offer for comp sci!

So did I !
Nice !!
Original post by Jwannan
So did I !

Hi @Jwannan

Best wishes,
Shannon
Admissions Office
Hi all,

We know many of you have received an offer from us to study this September, so first of all, congratulations on this achievement!

We have lots of exciting events coming up for our offer holders that are both online and in person. One of them is our Offer Holder Day, which is a fantastic opportunity for you to learn more about your subject. You can experience the course you're interested in by taking part in subject-specific sessions and activities. If you have not received information about this event, please get in touch.

If you can't make it to our Offer Holder Day, don't worry! We have plenty of webinars lined up. There are a range of different webinars from subject specific talks to more general information about budgeting, student life, wellbeing etc. For more information on these webinars, please see this link.

If you do have any questions about your offer or student life at Brookes, please do get in touch 🙂

We look forward to meeting you!

Best wishes,
Shannon
Admissions Office
Hiya, just wondering if the BA Business & Marketing Management a joint honours degree?
Also, I’ve emailed the Oxford Brookes admissions email regarding extenuating circumstances and the reconsideration of my offer however they haven’t got back to me yet and I’m unsure of whether it has been received and been reviewed yet?

Thanks,
Melanie
Original post by melsloveletterss
Hiya, just wondering if the BA Business & Marketing Management a joint honours degree?

Hi @melsloveletterss

Yes, the BA Business and Marketing Management is a joint honours degree.

In terms of your email, I will send you a message on here so please check your inbox :smile:

Best wishes,
Shannon
Admissions Office
Hi
I have accepted my conditional offer and have made the initial deposit as well. However, I haven't received any confirmation regarding the same. Is there any portal I could track the status of the payment?
Thanks
Hi
I have accepted my conditional offer and have made the initial deposit as well. However, I haven't received any confirmation regarding the same. Is there any portal I could track the status of the payment?
Thanks

Hi @EauRouge7105 🙂

Please check the portal to see the conditions that have been met and the conditions that are pending.

Best wishes,
Shannon
Admissions Office
(edited 2 months ago)
Hi all 🙂

We hope you are doing well!

With the UCAS deadline now passed, you may be considering the offers you've received. If you're certain about which offers you want to accept, that's great! However, if you've changed your mind about your offers or haven't received any, don't worry. UCAS Extra will be opening next week.

UCAS Extra is the official process for those who haven’t received any university offers or for those who have declined the offers they’ve received. It is available from the 28th February to the 4th of July. It’s a fantastic opportunity to get a second chance at securing a university offer that you are happy with. Please note that not all courses will be available through Extra so it is best to check the UCAS website for details. For more information on how to make a UCAS Extra application, please watch this video that we have created about UCAS Extra.

Best wishes,
Shannon
Admissions Office
Reply 52
Hi,

I sent in my UCAS application on the deadline day (31st Jan) and have not heard anything back in regards to a offer. Earlier in this thread it was said to expect a response on my application within 10 working days so I’m just checking to see if this longer wait time is normal. I assume that it may be taking longer due to me applying on the deadline date?
I applied for both Motorsport and Mechanical Engineering if this information is useful.

Many thanks in advance for your help.
Original post by Evil Homer
Hi there,

Welcome to the official Oxford Brookes University Applicant Thread for 2024! Here, you have the opportunity to meet and chat with fellow applicants and ask any questions you want regarding applying to Oxford Brookes University.

Below are some icebreaker questions to help you get started:

“What course are you applying for?”
“Will you be attending any Open Days?”
“How are you feeling about starting University?”

Get involved in more conversations by visiting our directory here and join in with the Yr 13 Chat thread here.

Good luck and happy posting!

Applied for Motorsports engineering, I have an offer. Attended the open day on the 17th of Feb. Loved the place. Will be tough moving 3 hours down south but, have to move away at some point.
For me Brookes is the only reasonable path to where I want to be.
Looking forward for September.
Reply 54
Original post by Callamm
Hi,

I sent in my UCAS application on the deadline day (31st Jan) and have not heard anything back in regards to a offer. Earlier in this thread it was said to expect a response on my application within 10 working days so I’m just checking to see if this longer wait time is normal. I assume that it may be taking longer due to me applying on the deadline date?
I applied for both Motorsport and Mechanical Engineering if this information is useful.

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Hi,
Disregard my earlier question, Recieved my offers for all my choices earlier this morning! Looking forward to September!
Original post by Evannggggggg
Applied for Motorsports engineering, I have an offer. Attended the open day on the 17th of Feb. Loved the place. Will be tough moving 3 hours down south but, have to move away at some point.
For me Brookes is the only reasonable path to where I want to be.
Looking forward for September.

I've firmed Brookes for BEng Motorsport! What about you?
Original post by Callamm
Hi,
Disregard my earlier question, Recieved my offers for all my choices earlier this morning! Looking forward to September!

What are you going ahead with as your firm?
Reply 57
What are you going ahead with as your firm?
Probably going to firm MEng Motorsport Engineering however waiting a while to make sure thats what I want to do!
Hi @Callamm & @Evannggggggg

Best wishes,
Shannon
Admissions Office
@OxfordBrookesRep

Earlier in this thread you advise that we should get in touch if we haven’t heard anything about our application within 10 days; I applied for a place on the Psychology course on UCAS deadline day and still have yet to hear anything. Would it be worth me getting in touch with the admissions team at this point? As a mature student I’m keen to secure favourable accommodation sooner rather than later.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending