The Student Room Group

Maths degree

I want to apply to do a maths course at university, but I am seeing a lot of recommendations to have done further maths, which i have not taken (Taken economics, maths, biology, and chemistry). Should i apply for a maths course at all?
Original post by ImClueless6383
I want to apply to do a maths course at university, but I am seeing a lot of recommendations to have done further maths, which i have not taken (Taken economics, maths, biology, and chemistry). Should i apply for a maths course at all?

Most of the top tier unis would expect you to have further maths, but you might be still be able to apply. Unis at mid-tier or lower generally don't ask for further maths, just maths.
If you're unsuccessful, you can try to do further maths in your gap year and try to apply again.
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by ImClueless6383

Lots of unis allow you to do a Maths degree without Further Maths - only unis which say 'required' will not accept an application.

Quick Reply

Latest