The Student Room Group

I’ve gone to uni but don’t miss my bf much does this mean I’m not in love?

We recently said our goodbyes as we are at different unis, I think I was so excited and nervous for a new chapter that I wasn’t that emotional the last time we saw eachother before uni. He was broken over it but has since gotten over it a bit more. Since being here we haven’t texted that much and it’s kinda out of sight out of mind for me. Absolutely no eyes for other guys, but I wouldn’t say I’m thinking about him that often. I feel as though I text him the same level as my friends, just a few messages here and there. It worries me that the business of uni life and distance will make us drift which I don’t want to happen because I really do love and care about him but I’m not having the feelings of missing him greatly. Another girl in my flat who’s bf is at a different uni is calling him quite often and talking about him all the time but others didn’t even realise I had a bf cos I haven’t mentioned him alot. Is it normal to not be missing him much?
If I’m honest I don’t think you like him. I think you like the comfort of having someone and you have an attachment to him, but that doesn’t mean you are in love or should be in a relationship.

If you aren’t talking regularly and don’t miss spending time with him, I think that answers your question. You also broke up with him, which if you genuinely wanted to make it work, you could have no matter the distance. You should both move on (and allow him to do so), as it’s not fair on him.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending