The Student Room Group

My exes are dating each other!

So I'm not sure how to feel about this..

Male here. Just found out that my first ex and my second ex have been in a relationship for over a year now. The thing is, it was pure coincidence, as they don't know each other and run in different circles.

I don't know how to feel about this. I have zero feelings for either of them but it just feels weird... my friends were like you have every right to get mad but I'm like, I'm not even angry...shocked yes, but I'm not angry...I think? Though, is it normal if I am angry/upset?

It's so weird and I dont think my brain has processed it yet.

Has this happened to anyone before? How did you react?
Loool I reckon this is quite niche and won't have happened to many on here. I guess this might just illicit some classic comments about how you turned both of them lesbian.
Reply 2
Original post by Sorcerer of Old
Loool I reckon this is quite niche and won't have happened to many on here. I guess this might just illicit some classic comments about how you turned both of them lesbian.

we're all men...
Original post by Anonymous
we're all men...

Oh lmaooo, ignore what I said then haha. I would say you can feel about it however you want but I wouldn’t say it’s rational to be angry or upset given that you say you have no feelings for either or them and they didn’t meet or do anything dodgy while dating you.
Reply 4
Original post by Sorcerer of Old
Oh lmaooo, ignore what I said then haha. I would say you can feel about it however you want but I wouldn’t say it’s rational to be angry or upset given that you say you have no feelings for either or them and they didn’t meet or do anything dodgy while dating you.

I guess so. Thank you!
Well you don't care much about either of them, so the only reason to get mad is if you choose to. People tend to care more about these thingsif they are fresh or there was drama, but by the sound of it you haven't kept n touch with either of them for at least a year so quite reasonable not to have any strong feelings - anyone claiming you have a 'right' to be mad is likely just winding you up for their own amusement.
Reply 6
Original post by StriderHort
Well you don't care much about either of them, so the only reason to get mad is if you choose to. People tend to care more about these thingsif they are fresh or there was drama, but by the sound of it you haven't kept n touch with either of them for at least a year so quite reasonable not to have any strong feelings - anyone claiming you have a 'right' to be mad is likely just winding you up for their own amusement.

Here's the thing though.. haven't been in touch with my first ex for many years.. my second ex and I are good friends, and he knew about my first ex but never met him... and my first ex was somewhat toxic and my second ex at the time was like I'm sorry this happened to u, he's an a** etc... and now the irony is that he's been in a relationship with him for a year now.. so I told my second ex (who's also my good friend) that u know exactly what my first ex did to me and yet you're fine with being with him? and he was like well he changed now , he's all mature and he learned from his mistakes.. so I thought well, perhaps.. people do change after all, right?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending