The Student Room Group

Joining a society

Hi I was looking some advice please.

I have started a part-time level 2 in beauty therapy on a Monday evening for four hours for 2yrs. On top of this I'm in my final year of business with marketing degree we are in 8hrs. I have no friends in my class so I was looking to join a society, the one offered at my uni is global business but in the uni 1hr away were I originally wanted to go is the Marketing society which I'd be more interested in. With covid I changed to closer one which I regret because there isn't as much opportunities as the other one. What do I do? Does anyone have any experience with societies or what they're like?

Thanks in advance! :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Hi I was looking some advice please.

I have started a part-time level 2 in beauty therapy on a Monday evening for four hours for 2yrs. On top of this I'm in my final year of business with marketing degree we are in 8hrs. I have no friends in my class so I was looking to join a society, the one offered at my uni is global business but in the uni 1hr away were I originally wanted to go is the Marketing society which I'd be more interested in. With covid I changed to closer one which I regret because there isn't as much opportunities as the other one. What do I do? Does anyone have any experience with societies or what they're like?

Thanks in advance! :smile:

Hey,

I am sorry to hear that you are not satisfied with the society at your university. Have you considered joining societies that are non-academic to make friends?

I don't think you can join other societies from other universities I'm afraid but you could consider suggesting some ideas to the committee to improve the current running of the society at your university. You could email or message them via their social media or even talk to them in person if you feel comfortable to do so. If there is a chance for you to be part of the committee you might want to consider it so you also get a say in what happens.

I hope this helps and good luck. :smile:

Alia
University of Kent Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending