The Student Room Group

Could I take BTECH applied human biology in place of physics?

My grades were not great but permitted me to do CS and maths. The only subjects left to choose from are BTECH and social sciences and humanities. I was wondering if human biology could act as a half science of sorts despite me planning to study CS at uni.
Original post by DjakeX
My grades were not great but permitted me to do CS and maths. The only subjects left to choose from are BTECH and social sciences and humanities. I was wondering if human biology could act as a half science of sorts despite me planning to study CS at uni.

The most requested subject for Computer Science at uni is Maths - and you're taking that, which is great.

Did you have idea to which unis you might like to apply? (Some are more fussy about BTECs that others.)

Are the "social sciences and humanities" subjects which are available to you subjects you might enjoy and/or be good at? If so, then some unis would rather see three A levels (even if that third A level isn't terribly relevant) than 2 A levels and a BTEC Extended Certificate. Hence the question about target unis.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending