The Student Room Group

not sure if ill get accepted for pharmacy

i do biology and chemistry a level along with health and social btec and an epq, I have lots of work experience with pharmacy in person, and I want to hopefully get accepted into university of birmigham since I've done a pathway there so its reduced my entry requirements from AAB to BBB but I'm not sure if I can get in because of my health and social, I've heard of clearing but I want to avoid, I'm basically lost tbh
Reply 1
i also did my mocks recently in year 12 and they weren't the best, but I have 5 weeks until my next report so I have time to improve these predicted grades before I send off my personal statement, that's why I've mentioned cleaning above
HI Sima,

Im currently studying the same subjects as you and doing a EPQ - my Schools advisor has told me that Health and social care can be either your A as a Distinction or one of your B - which needs to be a high merit; would recommend asking your HSC teacher how many points to get a high Merit.

Good luck - and lets hope we get into pharamcy😂
Reply 3
i really do hope that we do, i was suprised you also do the same subject combo as me since everyone else ik that wants to get into pahrmacy does chem bio and maths/psychology, also im hoping for an A and working towards it but im not sure if i can get B in chemistry currently struggling alot with the content im thinking of getting a tutor at this point

good luck to you too :smile:
IM ALSO SHOCKED THAT WE DO THE SAME SUBJECTSSSSS.

if you ever need help in chemistry - I can support you as its my best subject 👍
Reply 5
whattt thats crazy bro, thanks i appreciate it but I think the most helpful thing would be advice, like what would you recommend, I do ocr a btw, to do well in chemistry I've been using allery chemistry and chemrevise so far but im not good when it comes to the exam itself
Well i do AQA - but past paper questions are important; and create notes on the OCR specification; as well Ive heard that chemistry literacy is very Important in the exams; I also would just look at questions and the mark-scheme to see what they want - I always tell my self " if I was a examiner what would i look for?"

Also was wondering what unis are you thinking of applying too? As I feel limited with my HSC.
Reply 7
thank you for the advice ill try doing more practise but I honestly just need yo get my head around understanding it first and then practising
that's pretty much what I'm struggling with too tbh and what it makes it even more difficult I the fact that I'm not moving out for uni so I'm pretty limited to mainly brum unis, I was thinking of keele but I don't think they'll accept HSC
I'm looking for a time when I can email the unis and ask them how likely I will be to get a place before sending out my personal statement which is another question I just rmeberd have your school told you when you should send it bc were technically not doing medicine or dentistry so we don't need to send it early?
Original post by sima:)
thank you for the advice ill try doing more practise but I honestly just need yo get my head around understanding it first and then practising
that's pretty much what I'm struggling with too tbh and what it makes it even more difficult I the fact that I'm not moving out for uni so I'm pretty limited to mainly brum unis, I was thinking of keele but I don't think they'll accept HSC
I'm looking for a time when I can email the unis and ask them how likely I will be to get a place before sending out my personal statement which is another question I just rmeberd have your school told you when you should send it bc were technically not doing medicine or dentistry so we don't need to send it early?

Well the deadline for pharmacy is 31st of Jan - but my school does it in stages where each week only a selected few can submit. And keele do accept btech just looked at my ucas and they said this:

"BTEC NATIONAL EXTENDED CERTIFICATE / SUBSIDIARY DIPLOMA
Distinction in any BTEC National Extended Certificate / Subsidiary Diploma and BB in two A Levels including B in Biology or Chemistry, or Distinction in Applied Human Biology, Applied Science, Health and Social Care, Sport, or Sport and Exercise Science BTEC National Extended Certificate / Subsidiary Diploma and BB in two A Levels.

You will also need: 6 / B in GCSE Maths or Level 3 Functional Skills Maths, plus an English language qualification (see below)"

I was thinking of applying to keele,Kings,UEA - thats about it
Reply 9
hii any updates on applying to pharmacy yet??
Omg so sorry for not checking but yessss ive got 4 offers!!!! you???
Reply 11
OMGG im so happy for you i hope you enjoy your course!!:smile:)
i have an issue icl:// i cant send off my ucas yet because I'm trying to convince my teachers to make my predicted grade for chem a bit higher (its not the best bc of my situation in yr12) I need at least a B, the rest are fine though and now I'm stressed bc its really late
Reply 12
so im trying to apply and hope I get accepted and if not I can always do the foundation year, but, if yk ofc, can I get accepted for found. yr on results day and just call the uni?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending