The Student Room Group

Can I transfer from a foundation year to first within my first month at uni?

Hi all,
I have recently been placed onto a foundation year for Biomedical Science, after viewing both the foundation year and first-year modules I feel that I wouldn't be consistently progressing if I were to stay on the foundation year. I have previously completed an Access to HE level 3 Science course however I did not meet the required UCAS tariff points (due to some personal/financial issues throughout the previous academic year) to be placed on to the first year and have subsequently been placed onto the foundation year. The modules found in my foundation year seem to be an exact copy of what I have completed during college and feel rather disengaging as I have already studied the topics to a great extent. I'd like to ask my lecturers if I can be transferred to my desired year 1 week into my course start however I'm not sure if this would be possible and if there's a good way to go about my transfer.
If you don't meet the requirements for first year entry I can't see how or why they would be able to accommodate a transfer.

Just focus on doing as well as you can in this year - try and go above and beyond if you are already familiar with the material, and read more widely than what is just minimally required for the exams etc. Also take the opportunity to get involved in other co-curricular activities.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending