The Student Room Group

Part time tuition fee loan

Hi,

So basically, I previously started a BSc Maths degree (full time) and dropped out at the end of 2nd year (so I had previously applied for two years of tuition and maintenance loans full time). I decided to change course and uni so now I am doing a BA/BSc Open degree from year 1 at the Open Uni (counted as part time study but I am doing 120 credits this year) and I already sorted out my student finance for this year (I applied just for the fee loan at part time level, no maintenance loan).

Because of the marking strikes at my previous uni last year, I only got back my transcript and an exit qualification of a Cert of HE yesterday. I'm a bit confused by the whole previous study affecting loan eligibility from full time to part time study rules, so I just wanted to check whether I need to update SFE about my exit qualification from yesterday and if it would affect my funding at all.

Thank you
Original post by MildredHubble13
Hi,

So basically, I previously started a BSc Maths degree (full time) and dropped out at the end of 2nd year (so I had previously applied for two years of tuition and maintenance loans full time). I decided to change course and uni so now I am doing a BA/BSc Open degree from year 1 at the Open Uni (counted as part time study but I am doing 120 credits this year) and I already sorted out my student finance for this year (I applied just for the fee loan at part time level, no maintenance loan).

Because of the marking strikes at my previous uni last year, I only got back my transcript and an exit qualification of a Cert of HE yesterday. I'm a bit confused by the whole previous study affecting loan eligibility from full time to part time study rules, so I just wanted to check whether I need to update SFE about my exit qualification from yesterday and if it would affect my funding at all.

Thank you

Hi there,

We would not need to know about your cert of HE as you have not gained a full qualification.

Thanks, Drew
Hi,

Thank you

Hi there,

If you're now doing the course part time, this is separate to full time funding. If you're studying through the OU or distance learning, you're only eligible for Part Time Tuition Fees, no loan unless you're doing the course distance learning due to disability.

Thanks,
Claire
Ok, thanks for your help!!
Ok, thanks for your help!!

You're welcome! Have a nice day!
Thanks,
Claire

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending