The Student Room Group

I need help

I’m currently studying 4 A levels. Maths , Further maths, Biology, Chemistry. Right now I’m about 3 weeks into a levels but studying 4 subjects is already taking up a lot of time and I’m not sure if I can manage. I get home and study till I go to bed but because I do 4 subjects compared to friends that do 3, they have 6 more hours than me during school to revise each week so I’m just barely able to keep on track. But with Further maths next year I will probably fall behind.

Currently I have no plan as to what I want to be in the future… during gcse I loved science, particularly Chem, and so I figured I could go down into medicine if I took Biology with it. But since starting I realise that maths is actually much more enjoyable than the Sciences. So now I’m thinking that maybe I could go into finance or banking.

I’m truly, truly torn. As of now if I was to drop one, I would drop either Biology of Further maths, but if I drop Bio I remove the chance of medicine and if I drop Further maths I lose options with maths degrees. I’m not sure if I should even drop one at all. I anticipate most answers will say “to do what feels right for you” but I don’t KNOW what feels right. Please if there’s anyone that’s already been to uni and knows what what medicine or maths degrees entail please give advice. I know this has been really lengthy but I would truly, truly appreciate some advice.🙏
(edited 7 months ago)
Some universities only require one of Chemistry or Biology for medicine (and a second stem subject, in your case maths)

Dropping biology wouldn’t completely ruin your chances for medicine. Dropping further maths wont completely ruin your chances to study maths (but ofc, both limit your options a lot)

Quick Reply

Latest