The Student Room Group

Unconditional offer / conditional offer

May I ask if it is still possible to get an unconditional offer letter if one of ur subject is one grade lower than the condition offer
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 1
Do you have actual grades or predicted ones?
Reply 2
If you are still taking your A levels etc, you will get a Conditional offer.
The days of certain Unis throwing U offers like confetti to those still at school are long gone.

If you already have your grades, then obviously you will get an Unconditional offer - as you have no possibility of getting different grades. Will you be considered if those achieved grades dont meet the entry requirements? Possibly - but not for top Unis or for highly competitive subjects. And its very risky - as some Unis/subjects may not consider you at all.
Reply 3
Original post by ajj2000
Do you have actual grades or predicted ones?

Hi, I got three A for my AS and I’m sitting for my A2 soon, my predicted grades are A* AA but I’m not confident with one of the subject I might drop to B as I got lower A for that subject.
Reply 4
Original post by yym.
Hi, I got three A for my AS and I’m sitting for my A2 soon, my predicted grades are A* AA but I’m not confident with one of the subject I might drop to B as I got lower A for that subject.

Ok - as noted above you are unlikely to receive unconditional offers.
Reply 5
Original post by McGinger
The days of certain Unis throwing U offers like confetti to those still at school are long gone.

If you already have your grades, then obviously you will get an Unconditional offer - as you have no possibility of getting different grades. Will you be considered if those achieved grades dont meet the entry requirements? Possibly - but not for top Unis or for highly competitive subjects. And its very risky - as some Unis/subjects may not consider you at all.

Thank you so much for the info !!
Reply 6
Original post by ajj2000

Okay :frown:((((((
Original post by ajj2000
but will it be problem ?
Original post by riik112233
but will it be problem ?

Most UK undergrad applicants are in the their final year of A-Levels, they apply with predicted grades.

To a greater or lesser extent, unis use those predictions in their offer making. Many unis will make aspirational offers, IE. a grade or more above the predicted grades.

So your predicted grades may, or may not, determine whether you receive a offer.

If you are applying with achieved grades below the standard offer, it is very unlikely that you'll receive an offer.
Reply 9
Original post by McGinger
i'm still taking my a-levels and i got an unconditional!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending