The Student Room Group

MBA Credit Transfer?

Hi all

I currently have 120 credits and I am about to start my final project for my MBA, however I kind of feel that my MBA will not be as highly recognised as I first thought because of the institution. I would prefer not to mention the institutions name, as they are very nice and I have interacted well with them over the years as I was studying part time.

My questions are:

1. At this late stage of the game is credit transfer to a more prestigious institution viable?

2. Today I spoke to the OU and they said that they would only be able to give me 30 credits!!! I expected to go back, but not to the beginning! Does anyone know if there are Uni's that would give a higher credit rate? I was interested in Imperial as they seem to be prestigious, but with more reasonable costs, as I know that I would have to find financing if I wanted to change.
I am older and came to study late in life, and I am kind of trying to use education to help me change career, hence the desire to try to leverage my MBA as best as I can. I know, I should have asked all these questions at the beginning...

Any thoughts would be well received and appreciated.

Thanks for reading.
(edited 7 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending