The Student Room Group

UCAS personal statments

im about to submit my personal statement but im unsure about this. ive written it 100% in my words but put it through grammarly to correct my grammar. will this be flagged for plagarism or will it show that ive used an AI to write my work??
Even if you’ve used common phrases (either before or after grammarly) UCAS has a sensible allowance that is permitted to match before they report it to your choices.

You’ll be fine.
Original post by ChrisEvansIsBest
im about to submit my personal statement but im unsure about this. ive written it 100% in my words but put it through grammarly to correct my grammar. will this be flagged for plagarism or will it show that ive used an AI to write my work??

It's generally accepted that using grammar checkers to improve your writing is not plagiarism. Many professionals and students utilize these tools, which are intended to help with language and writing improvements, to polish their work. It is important, although, that you comprehend the particular guidelines set forth by UCAS.
To be sure, carefully review the guidelines provided UCAS. If you have concerns, you may want to check with your advisor or the relevant personnel to ensure that using grammar-checking tools aligns with their policies.
A.S computing.
Reply 3
Original post by ChrisEvansIsBest

Don't worry, using Grammarly to fix your grammar shouldn't be a problem in terms of plagiarism. It won't show that you've used an AI to write your work. The software helps polish your writing by highlighting errors and suggesting improvements, but it doesn't generate content or change the essence of what you've written in your own words. Your personal statement will still reflect your thoughts and ideas, so you shouldn't be flagged for plagiarism or for using an AI to write your work. But if you are still confused then you can check AI Detector tools.
If it is 100% your own work there is absolutely no need to run anything through an AI detector. You would honestly be just inviting more problems, (as you don't ultimately know how and where it's going to be stored afterwards).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending