The Student Room Group

Student loan

Due to circumstances beyond my control I was unable to attend some lectures and tutorials during my foundation year at uni, therefore I was unable to complete some deadlines. Ultimately I failed the year but have been given the opportunity to repeat starting with the second half of the year jan-July then the following September complete the first half of the year. Before commencing year one study in September 2025.

Am i entitled to a student loan or am i not allowed to apply till year one now? Thanks
Original post by shann95
Due to circumstances beyond my control I was unable to attend some lectures and tutorials during my foundation year at uni, therefore I was unable to complete some deadlines. Ultimately I failed the year but have been given the opportunity to repeat starting with the second half of the year jan-July then the following September complete the first half of the year. Before commencing year one study in September 2025.

Am i entitled to a student loan or am i not allowed to apply till year one now? Thanks

Hi Shann,

When did the foundation year initially commence?

Thanks, Clare
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Clare
Hi Shann,

When did the foundation year initially commence?

Thanks, Clare

Sept 2022
Original post by shann95
Sept 2022

Hi Shann,

Thanks, are you classed as in-attendance for this repeat, or will you be an external student?

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 4
Original post by Graeme SFE
Hi Shann,

Thanks, are you classed as in-attendance for this repeat, or will you be an external student?

Thanks, Graeme

Hi Graeme

Jan-July would be external I think, but I can attend the classes if I want to. The Sept-Dec I will be attending classes

Thanks
Shannon
Original post by shann95
Hi Graeme

Jan-July would be external I think, but I can attend the classes if I want to. The Sept-Dec I will be attending classes

Thanks
Shannon

Hi Shannon,

We'd assess you for the funding for the dates you're in attendance but not the dates you're external from the university. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending