The Student Room Group

Student Finance said I will not receive my maintenance loan til January

My Uni has said they want rent soon.
I applied through clearing which is why I think my Student Finance is delayed.
My student finance England account says that I wont receive maintenance loan til January and that its waiting on confirmation from my university.

My university asked me for my student support number is so they could confirm to student finance that I am a student and I think that may fix my maintenance loan issue. I cannot contact sfe atm because my phone is broke and sfe do not have an email.

Once my uni confirms I am a student, will they give me my maintenance loan this month?
Reply 1
My uni said rent is due but according to my SFE account, im not getting money til january.
I applied through clearing so I had a different uni on my application.
I was told by uni to give them my Student support number and they can confirm im a student to SFE and then they will pay my tuition fee to uni.
I assume this will be the same when it comes to maintenance loan. According to the website, it says that they are awaiting for confirmation my uni that Im a student in order for me to receive my maintenance loan. However, it says my maintenance loan is arriving in January.

Once my uni confirms I am a student, will I receive my maintenance loan this month, maybe even this week???I was told by uni that theyve seen this issue be resolved within 72 hours and students receive their maintenance loan quite quickly one its sorted.
(edited 5 months ago)
Original post by Confusionn
My uni said rent is due but according to my SFE account, im not getting money til january.
I applied through clearing so I had a different uni on my application.
I was told by uni to give them my Student support number and they can confirm im a student to SFE and then they will pay my tuition fee to uni.
I assume this will be the same when it comes to maintenance loan. According to the website, it says that they are awaiting for confirmation my uni that Im a student in order for me to receive my maintenance loan. However, it says my maintenance loan is arriving in January.

Once my uni confirms I am a student, will I receive my maintenance loan this month, maybe even this week???I was told by uni that theyve seen this issue be resolved within 72 hours and students receive their maintenance loan quite quickly one its sorted.

Hi there,

If your payments show January this will be based on you starting your course in January. When does your course start?

Thanks,
Claire

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending