The Student Room Group

applied for wrong funding

Hi there,

When I needed to pay for my first modules my student finance hadn't been approved yet so I payed with my own money. Once my finance had been approved I contacted my uni to claim the money back. After several months I got a reply (see below). I need to reapply for a part time loan instead of full time but when I log onto my student finance account my full time approved loan is still showing and I am not able to reapply for the correct loan (part time).

I would like to start my application from scratch as I also did not apply for a maintenance loan when I should have done.

reply from uni:
Thank you for your message.
As you will be studying on the Performance Based Entry Route, this means that you can only apply for a part-time loan application in your first year. This is because you will not be able to register for 105 - 120 credits over both sessions to be considered as full-time. Therefore, your 2023-24 Full Time Loan is not valid and cannot be used to pay your current fees.

As you are registering for less than 105 credits, you will need to contact Student Finance and apply for a Part Time loan if you wish to pay for your fees using Student Finance.
Please ensure that you have applied for the correct tuition fee loan to fund your studies referring to the guidance available on our webpage:
https://www.london.ac.uk/applications/funding-your-study/undergraduate-loans

We have notified Student Finance that you have applied for an incorrect tuition fee loan and will allow you 30 days from the date of this message to submit a new application to Student Finance and obtain the correct agreed tuition fee loan (Part Time) to fund your studies before you become liable for your fees. Note that this can take place at any point during your studies.

Once you have completed a Part Time loan application, please upload a copy as evidence. We will then allow you another 8 weeks to obtain an agreed tuition fee loan.
We will refund the payment once confirmation of your approved loan has been received.
This enquiry will now be closed.
Once you have submitted your new application and your loan has been confirmed or you have any further questions, you must let us know by referring to the guidance below on how to reopen and update this enquiry. We will then be able to review and process any necessary actions.
Kind regards,
Original post by jess4784636
Hi there,

When I needed to pay for my first modules my student finance hadn't been approved yet so I payed with my own money. Once my finance had been approved I contacted my uni to claim the money back. After several months I got a reply (see below). I need to reapply for a part time loan instead of full time but when I log onto my student finance account my full time approved loan is still showing and I am not able to reapply for the correct loan (part time).

I would like to start my application from scratch as I also did not apply for a maintenance loan when I should have done.

reply from uni:
Thank you for your message.
As you will be studying on the Performance Based Entry Route, this means that you can only apply for a part-time loan application in your first year. This is because you will not be able to register for 105 - 120 credits over both sessions to be considered as full-time. Therefore, your 2023-24 Full Time Loan is not valid and cannot be used to pay your current fees.

As you are registering for less than 105 credits, you will need to contact Student Finance and apply for a Part Time loan if you wish to pay for your fees using Student Finance.
Please ensure that you have applied for the correct tuition fee loan to fund your studies referring to the guidance available on our webpage:
https://www.london.ac.uk/applications/funding-your-study/undergraduate-loans

We have notified Student Finance that you have applied for an incorrect tuition fee loan and will allow you 30 days from the date of this message to submit a new application to Student Finance and obtain the correct agreed tuition fee loan (Part Time) to fund your studies before you become liable for your fees. Note that this can take place at any point during your studies.

Once you have completed a Part Time loan application, please upload a copy as evidence. We will then allow you another 8 weeks to obtain an agreed tuition fee loan.
We will refund the payment once confirmation of your approved loan has been received.
This enquiry will now be closed.
Once you have submitted your new application and your loan has been confirmed or you have any further questions, you must let us know by referring to the guidance below on how to reopen and update this enquiry. We will then be able to review and process any necessary actions.
Kind regards,

Hi there, We can look into the full time application being removed from your account for you, please contact us direct. You can do this by signing into your student finance account and accessing our live chat service where an advisor will be able to assist further. The service is available between 9am and 5.30pm Monday to Friday. Thanks, Angela

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending