The Student Room Group

Cambridge application advice

Hello, I will be applying to Cambridge this year to study the mathematical tripos. After speaking to my school, they have told me they will either predict me A*A*AA or A*A*A* should I continue with four A levels or drop down to three. I am doing Maths, Further maths, Computer Science, Physics. Although I have an interest in Physics and Computing, if an A*A*A* application is better, then it might be worth dropping one. I was wondering if it would be better to continue with 4 or drop to 3 given these predicts or if it does not matter.
Original post by Anonymous
Hello, I will be applying to Cambridge this year to study the mathematical tripos. After speaking to my school, they have told me they will either predict me A*A*AA or A*A*A* should I continue with four A levels or drop down to three. I am doing Maths, Further maths, Computer Science, Physics. Although I have an interest in Physics and Computing, if an A*A*A* application is better, then it might be worth dropping one. I was wondering if it would be better to continue with 4 or drop to 3 given these predicts or if it does not matter.

The question is whether you want to do 4 A Levels, or 3. Dont drop a A Level just because it will make your ‘application look better’. They couldnt care less whether you do 3 or 4. Cambridge isnt the only university your applying for, and if in November, January, March - when you have mock exams, and doing 4 is too much, it is fine to drop one.
But dont drop a A Level for a university, drop it for yourself

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending