The Student Room Group

Non-EU international PhD funding for Univ of Bath (received unconditional offer)

Hello, I am a non-EU international student here in the UK and I just got my unconditional offer letter to pursue PhD at Univ of Bath. However, the admission team did not mention any stipend or tuition waiver in the offer letter. I clearly remember mentioning "YES" for doctoral scholarship in my applications.

I am a little afraid now because I cannot pay 26k a year out of my own pocket and I am almost 2 months away from graduation.

I have contacted the doctoral admissions team to confirm this as well. Does anyone know if funding confirmation happens after the admission offer?
Reply 1
Funding for UK PhD usually come separate from offer letters. I would check in with your prospective supervisor to see if they have any idea of your scholarship chances. You could also check your school's scholarship page and see how many scholarships they give out and on what timeline (if any).

If possible see if your home country gives doctoral scholarships.
Reply 2
Original post by Stitchery
Funding for UK PhD usually come separate from offer letters. I would check in with your prospective supervisor to see if they have any idea of your scholarship chances. You could also check your school's scholarship page and see how many scholarships they give out and on what timeline (if any).

If possible see if your home country gives doctoral scholarships.

Thank you for your prompt reply. The CDT I have applied has 10 slots open 7 for UK and 3 for non UK (including rest of Europe). Although from what I have seen from previous cohorts on their website, they do indeed go beyond 3 for international students. I have emailed the admission teams as well.

If the funding letter comes separately, I will wait for some weeks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending