The Student Room Group

Any suggestions?

I’m currently studying Alevels and I’m sitting for my A2 soon, if I failed to achieve the requirements, should I resit or do foundation year instead ?
Reply 1
Original post by yym.
I’m currently studying Alevels and I’m sitting for my A2 soon, if I failed to achieve the requirements, should I resit or do foundation year instead ?

What is your ultimate goal? If your goal is to go to university then I suggest you take some time our and figure out the bit after university. At around £20k+ a year, university is too expensive to go for the sake of going. It needs a focused purpose unless you can afford to wee £20k a year up the wall.

So figure out what you want to do in life career wise, then work backwards and if that needs a degree and A-levels you know what you need to do. But I don't know why you are considering the possibilities of failure now. You still have plenty of time to turn around a failed lower 6th form and succeed at your A2s.

Good luck!
Original post by yym.

Hi there!

First of all, I wish you all the best for the rest of your A-Levels and hope you get the grades you want :smile:

The decision whether to resit or apply for a foundation year can be very personal and ultimately will depend on how you're feeling at the end of your course. What I can say is that I have done a foundation year, and it gave me a very good start at university life, as I was able to get familiar with how everything works before starting the actual degree. I couldn't imagine doing yet another year of college.

In terms of employability, I have friends that have also done foundation years, and have been recruited by top employers towards the end of their course. A lot of it comes down to how well you can take advantage of your time at university (no matter which one) and grasp opportunities, rather than what grades you got at A-Level.

I hope this helps!

Marko
Accounting and Finance BSc

Quick Reply

Latest