The Student Room Group

Need a job as a student

I badly need a job. I have restaurant experience and retail experience. Can anyone arrange a job for me?
Original post by farhanarashed
I badly need a job. I have restaurant experience and retail experience. Can anyone arrange a job for me?

You're probably better off networking people around you.

Catering and retail work tend to be easier to come by, but they are not often advertised. If they are, it's usually for an entire team, and that usually comes once in a blue moon.
Original post by farhanarashed

Hiya!

I think it is great to work at a part time job whilst being a student especially if you can find one that is flexible and accommodating to the lifestyle of being a student e.g. not too many hours or late nights. I will be more than happy to help and suggest ideas. As you have not specified what type of student you are, if you are at university I would suggest seeing what jobs if any are available at your university on campus (I would suggest looking online or seeing your careers team at the university for further help.)

I would also recommend looking at sites such as Indeed, Linkedin, Facebook and googling part time work in your local area and hopefully some results should appear. If you have a local town to you and as you already have experience in retail and restaurants, print off copies of your CV and ask around, and if you can leave copies of your CV incase work opens up. This may seem quite intimidating but the worse they can do is turn you away and say no. As someone has said, a great way to hear about jobs is from networking do you have any friends/ family that work, have they heard of any openings and if not they can always ask around on your behalf.

Hope this helps and if you have any more questions, I would be happy to help
-Maddie, second year Health and well-being in society student at De Montfort University.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending