The Student Room Group

Advanced Learner Loan

Hi.

Just before Covid I began an Access course in animal management. I had to pull out of this as I had a herniated disc in my neck and between the pain of sitting down and the affect of the painkillers on my concentration I had to pull out. I had said to the college I still wanted to do the course, so as I had only completed the first few weeks they didn't claim any payment and cancelled my learner loan - thus (hopefully) reserving the funding for next time.

Unfortunatly they have since withdrawn the course. I have found a Vet Science Access course which is by distance learning which accepts the learner loan which I would like to do.

I'm now worried they won't accept me for the loan as I have applied before. Even though the loan wasn't used at all.

I don't want to be left with a course fee of 5 grand plus that I don't have the moeny for if my learner loan is rejected.

AM I likely to be ok and be accepted for the learner loan?
Original post by mory34
Hi.

Just before Covid I began an Access course in animal management. I had to pull out of this as I had a herniated disc in my neck and between the pain of sitting down and the affect of the painkillers on my concentration I had to pull out. I had said to the college I still wanted to do the course, so as I had only completed the first few weeks they didn't claim any payment and cancelled my learner loan - thus (hopefully) reserving the funding for next time.

Unfortunatly they have since withdrawn the course. I have found a Vet Science Access course which is by distance learning which accepts the learner loan which I would like to do.

I'm now worried they won't accept me for the loan as I have applied before. Even though the loan wasn't used at all.

I don't want to be left with a course fee of 5 grand plus that I don't have the moeny for if my learner loan is rejected.

AM I likely to be ok and be accepted for the learner loan?

@mory34

I would speak to Student Finance England to double check, I think you would be perfectly fine. From the other side (working in an F.E college) if you withdraw in the first 40 days of the course you aren't included in the overall figures for attendance, retention and achievement at the end of the academic year, and that is something to do with the funding

Marc
Arden University Student Ambassador
Reply 2
Great thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending