The Student Room Group

Cambridge NatSci undergraduate 2024 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by apricotviolet
ive heard that for bio natsci, maths is less important

not sure about vet med but I think you don't need as high of an NSAA score generally

Yeah that’s true for vet med
just wondering if anyone's applied for natsci at fitzwilliam? or heard back from anywhere else? i just wanna know the outcome atp, good luck to everyone also waiting!!
Yo what's up my natural sciences dudes, just wanted to say I got rejected for interview BUT I wish the best for you all! I'm just happy as it means I am definitely going to DURHAM!! Although it would have been nice to have a cool conversation with cool physics academics... oh well!
Original post by sadfailure
Yo what's up my natural sciences dudes, just wanted to say I got rejected for interview BUT I wish the best for you all! I'm just happy as it means I am definitely going to DURHAM!! Although it would have been nice to have a cool conversation with cool physics academics... oh well!

oh well, still doesn't mean you're not an incredible applicant! i'm sure you're fantastic anyways and you'll do fantastic things - cambridge is missing out by rejecting you. might see you next year anyways as i've also got a durham offer for physics :smile:
if you don't mind me asking which college did you apply for at cambridge and did you hear back today? i'm still waiting on an update.
Original post by asqwdfrgthjk
oh well, still doesn't mean you're not an incredible applicant! i'm sure you're fantastic anyways and you'll do fantastic things - cambridge is missing out by rejecting you. might see you next year anyways as i've also got a durham offer for physics :smile:
if you don't mind me asking which college did you apply for at cambridge and did you hear back today? i'm still waiting on an update.

AWW THANKYOU!!! I hope to do fantastic things... like find a superconductor that works at ambient pressures and temperatures... a girl can dream LMAO. Also, well done on your offer!
I applied to Trinity, and yep I heard back at 15:26... GOOD LUCK!! hopefully you get a place!
AWW THANKYOU!!! I hope to do fantastic things... like find a superconductor that works at ambient pressures and temperatures... a girl can dream LMAO. Also, well done on your offer!
I applied to Trinity, and yep I heard back at 15:26... GOOD LUCK!! hopefully you get a place!

no problem!! oh wow superconductors?! that sounds extremely complicated but from what i've read so far it sounds fascinating - i vaguely recall something about a nitrogen doped superconductor that went all sorts of different colours when it eventually had superconducting abilities at a temperature suitable for the workplace but i must admit i understood very little of it - personally i'm more interested in the concept of the ether and the links it could have to dark matter, but i'll be studying a while to understand any of it....

ahhh i was very close to applying to trinity but decided it wasn't for me close to the end and went with fitzwilliam. hopefully i hear soon :smile:
Reply 26
no problem!! oh wow superconductors?! that sounds extremely complicated but from what i've read so far it sounds fascinating - i vaguely recall something about a nitrogen doped superconductor that went all sorts of different colours when it eventually had superconducting abilities at a temperature suitable for the workplace but i must admit i understood very little of it - personally i'm more interested in the concept of the ether and the links it could have to dark matter, but i'll be studying a while to understand any of it....

ahhh i was very close to applying to trinity but decided it wasn't for me close to the end and went with fitzwilliam. hopefully i hear soon :smile:

hi! i am applying for physical natsci fitz too! i am also waiting for an undate and am getting nervous...
Original post by chuyining
hi! i am applying for physical natsci fitz too! i am also waiting for an undate and am getting nervous...

hi!! it's so nervewracking for no reasonnnn
if i got rejected then i guess i'd try for postgrad but i just want to know now
there's only me and one other person applying for natsci at my school and the other person heard yesterday evening (homerton) and i'm stuck frantically refreshing my emails hoping that there'd be a new email (there isn't)
let me know when you get an update though!! good luck :smile:
(edited 5 months ago)
Original post by Johncleveland
Did anyone else apply to Natural Science at other Unis eg UCL, Bath, Warwick etc? And if you have received offers from them? I've not heard back at all........

i've not applied for natural sciences but bath/UCL tend to take much much longer than others to send out offers. im surprised about warwick though, maybe there's just an influx of applicants this year.
Reply 29
hi!! it's so nervewracking for no reasonnnn
if i got rejected then i guess i'd try for postgrad but i just want to know now
there's only me and one other person applying for natsci at my school and the other person heard yesterday evening (homerton) and i'm stuck frantically refreshing my emails hoping that there'd be a new email (there isn't)
let me know when you get an update though!! good luck :smile:

yeah...still trying to prepare for the interview
good luck to you 2
Original post by Johncleveland
Did anyone else apply to Natural Science at other Unis eg UCL, Bath, Warwick etc? And if you have received offers from them? I've not heard back at all........

I've applied to UCL and Durham for NatSci. I think UCL gives out offers around march...? But I could be wrong. I'm waiting for the Durham one now...
Reply 31

Have you got offer in DURHAM?
Reply 32
Do Cambridge send rejection letter for Interview, if they send then what time it is expected. Now or in January?
Has anyone applied for natsci at Magdalene?? I've been given an interview but found out I have to do ANOTHER TEST?? Its called the Magdalene Natural Sciences Test and its non calc maths and a bio essay :frown:(

Really don't know how to prepare for this, I haven't written an essay since gcse english, and never written one for bio at all. And as for the maths, I've exhausted all the nsaa past papers.
Original post by Anonymous #2
Has anyone applied for natsci at Magdalene?? I've been given an interview but found out I have to do ANOTHER TEST?? Its called the Magdalene Natural Sciences Test and its non calc maths and a bio essay :frown:(

Really don't know how to prepare for this, I haven't written an essay since gcse english, and never written one for bio at all. And as for the maths, I've exhausted all the nsaa past papers.

that's the main reason i didn't apply to magdalene icl, i would say look at the website as there are details about that there, also past papers on their website. good luck!
that's the main reason i didn't apply to magdalene icl, i would say look at the website as there are details about that there, also past papers on their website. good luck!

there's only one shortened sample paper, and no answers but I guess i'll give it a go anyway
anyone know when will we get our nsaa results?
Reply 37
Original post by Anonymous #3
anyone know when will we get our nsaa results?

tomorrow, at 9am i believe
guys, how are ur nsaa results?
Original post by Anonymous #3
guys, how are ur nsaa results?

I got 6.7(maths) 5(bio1) 6.3(bio2), and I don’t think I have a chance of getting in…

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending