The Student Room Group

Newnham College Cambridge 2024 offer-holders

Hi everyone, I wanted to make a thread for people applying to Newnham College so that we can share our experiences and help each other in the journey :smile:

Volunteer note: Please note that sharing or requesting social media handles or group chats is not permitted under the TSR community guidelines.
(edited 2 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Current Newnham student, please let me know if you have any questions!
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous #1

Hi ! I'm currently working on my application for the MPhil in Politics and International Studies, and I'm still not sure on my college preferences. I heard great things about Newnham, and I find it absolutely beautiful, but I'm a little worried about the fact that it's all-women and if I would come to regret not going to a mixte college... What do you think about this ? How is the ambiance ?

I'm also an international student, so do you know if there's a big international community in Newnham ? How are the societies ?

How is the accommodation, do you like it ? Do you also think that it would be a good choice of a college for someone doing politics/IR ?

Sorry for all these questions, and thank you :smile:
Reply 3

Hi, what subject do you study? I'm applying to CS

Hi, what subject do you study? I'm applying to CS
Has anyone applied for Law? So excited to be on the thread! :smile:
Reply 6
Hi, I'm applying to CS, good luck!
Hi, I was just wondering if anyone has heard anything abt physical natsci? ngl all this waiting is driving me crazy
Original post by Anonymous #4
Hi, I was just wondering if anyone has heard anything abt physical natsci? ngl all this waiting is driving me crazy

ikr. i would rather be rejected already but know. this is getting to be too much
Just received an interview for physical natsci!
Hi, I'm an international student and I've applied for Geography but I still haven't heard anything back for interviews 😩 - do you think I should email admissions regarding this cos the last email said that they'd get back by 1st Dec...
im so nervous for my interview tomorrow!!!!!
Reply 12
my interview is on 5th I literally don't know what to do anymore
Original post by Anonymous #7
im so nervous for my interview tomorrow!!!!!

For what subject? Good luck <3
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, I'm an international student and I've applied for Geography but I still haven't heard anything back for interviews 😩 - do you think I should email admissions regarding this cos the last email said that they'd get back by 1st Dec...

Ring them
Don't email
Original post by 04MR17
Ring them
Don't email

Don't worry! Just got my invite few days back :biggrin:
Original post by Anonymous
Don't worry! Just got my invite few days back :biggrin:

Excellent news, thank you for posting and sharing.

When is the interview?
Original post by Anonymous #3
For what subject? Good luck <3

medicine
Reply 18

I had my interview yesterday. My Internet kept dropping for the 1st 5minutes after that it was OK. I composed myself and did my best. Was able to answer the questions. A few errors I felt. Do you think the Internet problem might give me a low score .
Reply 19
Any newnham medicine applicants here

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending