The Student Room Group

Girlfriend IG following/follower list

So I'm a little concerned about my girlfriend's follower list on Instagram. According to what I could find, Instagram sorts following/follower lists but how much you interact with someone. I'm at the top of her following/follower list which makes sense, but there are also 2 other boys who are fairly near the top. Does this mean she's DMing them etc or they're stalking her? However, when I look at mine after the first account all the people listed seem fairly random. Am I just being paranoid?
Reply 1
Original post by blueguy321
So I'm a little concerned about my girlfriend's follower list on Instagram. According to what I could find, Instagram sorts following/follower lists but how much you interact with someone. I'm at the top of her following/follower list which makes sense, but there are also 2 other boys who are fairly near the top. Does this mean she's DMing them etc or they're stalking her? However, when I look at mine after the first account all the people listed seem fairly random. Am I just being paranoid?

they may just be her guy friends, but i completely understand ur concern bro. just ask her, and if shes being vague then you know something is off
Yet another ego ruined by belief in the whims of social media....
Reply 3
Original post by EveWosHere
they may just be her guy friends, but i completely understand ur concern bro. just ask her, and if shes being vague then you know something is off

Well, I've never seen any evidence that she actually interacts with these people. So maybe it's just IG algorithm showing people who have the most followers in common or something.
Original post by blueguy321

Na they ain’t stalking her mate if she’s actively communicating to them the only one thing it means is she also talks to them also why are you stalking her followers where in the sense does this establish any form of trust…Open up about it discuss it and make your feelings known but why stalk it of all reasons.
Maybe just stop digging into her socials to infer things and trust her because she's dating you.

Sorry, I know I'm old-fashioned that way, but I've just never looked my partners follower/following list on socials, not even the platforms I'm active on. If they were going to cheat on me, they'd do so regardless of my detective work.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending