The Student Room Group

Why would his new gf try to follow me on insta

Basically a few days ago this random girl sent me a follow request on Instagram. At first I wasn’t sure who she was but then I saw my failed talking stage was our mutual follower and I eventually figured she’s his girlfriend. I didn’t accept her request as I was confused, then she canceled the request a few minutes later and I found out that the guy unfollowed and removed me from his account too.
I’m just really confused because I have no idea how she found my account when we’ve never met in person and we go to different unis and live in different cities. I asked a few of my close friends and they assumed they (the couple) must have talked about me, but I doubt it as he and I were not in a relationship and we only talked for a month or two so I don’t see why he would mention me in any way.
Plus he and I haven’t talked in ages so I’m just really weirded out. I personally don’t care about him removing me on Instagram, but honestly I still can’t comprehend how his girlfriend found my account and tried to follow it. At first I guessed she must have made him remove me but if that’s the case why would she send me a follow request in the first place?
I decided to stop overthinking and move on but I’m still so weirded out icl…
Reply 1
she just wants to see what you look like and what your personality is like (based off your ig profile), i would've done the same if i was her, she's just curious :smile:
Reply 2
It sounds like she was snooping and put the request in either accidentally or she decided to remove it when you didn't accept.

Maybe she sees you as a threat.

You don't sound that bothered so I think try and move on.

They probably have talked about you and if they haven't they will in the future. It's what couples do. You'll do the same with your next partner.

Try and ignore it and move on,it's not worth the stress 💖
Reply 3
Sounds like she sees all female friends as a potential threat, and has probably made him unfollow them.

A friend of mine is seeing someone who is exactly the same and made her unfriend all her male friends on social media including a guy she has been friends with for over 10 years. I’m praying she gets out of that relationship soon…
(edited 11 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending